Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wanted to post my pictures of the system I recently installed in my 2010 Tundra CM. The install included:

- 1 Kicker 12 CompRT wired to 1ohm
- 1 Precision Power Phantom 1000.1. Pushing 1000wRMS x 1 @ 1ohm (14.4v)
- Front Stage: Polk DB6501
- Rear Fill: CDT Audio ES-6Cfx
- Speaker Amp: Precision Power Phantom 900.4 145wRMS x 4 @ 4ohms (14.4v)
- 1/0 amp wire kit
- AudioControl LCQ-1
- 4ft x 2ft 3/4'' MDF board and carpet for custom amp rack
- Most importantly a bottle of Astroglide that makes fishing wires infinity*infinity times easier.

The Amp rack was pretty simple and a good place to mount your amps in case you did not want to do it on the floor. I have my seats out often so did not want to waste floor space with amps. Plus I think it looks cleaner and a good thing to attach your sub box to. Also it makes tuning and amp access much much easier.

I ran the 1/0 power wire down the drivers side and behind the plastic rear wall. I ran it into a distro block back there and had 2 4awg outputs to each amp.

Pics attached. Let me know if anyone has any questions about install or running wires. I think I have linked this site about 100 times already but here it is again. ****If you are in the planning stages of your system this site is INVALUABLE on planning for wire/fuse size and runs. Love this site and your install will go much smoother and less fires in your truck!

WIRE

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
That looks great! Does the site you linked have how-to's on building a mounting board like you've got there? I'm in the process of researching and building my system. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No but it is pretty easy. Just go to Home Depot and buy some 5/8 or 3/4'' MDF board. I just took a few measurements and basically drew out the shape I wanted and use a table saw to cut it out. Then just staple on some carpet and you are done.

And then I pulled out the rear wall plastic piece and put it back together outside the truck. I then attached the MDF amp rack to the plastic with a few lag bolts and washers and nuts, then placed it back into the truck as 1 piece.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
looks good, im assuming you used the factory radio, if so how is the sound? Thinking of keeping factory radio.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah kept factory stereo.

It def sounds 100 times better than before. However, I have had several other systems in other cars running off Alpine head units and I feel like there is a little something missing with using the stock HU. I guess thats to be expected though and can certainly live with it since I get to keep the stock look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts