Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2010 DC Rock Warrior that I didn't realize until recently that it has some type of leveling kit on it. I'm not sure how much or what brand it is but I did attach a picture of it. I was curious if any one could help me on maybe identifying the brand and what size? I checked the rear too and the shackles do not have any blocks added to them so the rear appears to be factory.

With that being said I am also currently in the market for new tires. Right now it has Hankook Dynapro ATM's on it and I have not been a fan of them so I am definitely looking to go a different route as far as brand. They are the stock size I believe, which is 285/70R17. I wouldn't mind going up in size a little but was curious if anyone could chime on fitment issues based off of the photo I attached of the leveling kit. By going up in size I mean tire only, not rim. I plan to keep running the stock RW wheels. I also took some other photos of the left front tire throughout the turning radius. I would stop and take a photo when it got to a point where the clearances were at their smallest. Do you think that I would be able to run a 295/70R17 without any issues? I don't mind having to remove mud flaps or trimming the skid plate some.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
You should be good running 295/70R17 on your RW rims with that ride height. I had 315’s with the BFG Ko2s for a good while

When I went to 35s. I had to have the 3 inch lift and 1.5 inch bora wheel spacers. It’s a rule of thumb that if you got 3 inches or higher you need UCAs. (Upper control arms) The tyres rub a little with 35s but only in lock to lock turns. I don’t notice. Just turn up the radio.

Dont forget to join the Rock Warrior club here!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a bunch @Desert 4x4 . I’m going with BFG KO2’s because I don’t do a whole lot of off-roading in my Tundra but still wanted something a little bit aggressive. I have a Yamaha YXZ1000r Side x Side so that is my off-road vehicle. LoL! The Tundra sees a little off-roading to get to a parking area to go riding in the Side x Side. I guess you could say it’s more of a mallcrawler. Also it is a 2010 and only has 67,000 miles on er. Although it is in need of a good cleaning after a long PA winter it is a pretty clean truck for the age and also being a PA vehicle all of its life. Anyways thanks again for you help.
Take it easy!

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Definitely a "Factory level"... That is a spacer kit. Can cause issues, especially if offroaded hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts