Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Well it's about time to make a build thread as I pretty much did everything I wanted to and almost everything I could do :). Well I got the truck, 2010 rock warrior double cab with 40k on it, back in December bone stock besides tinted windows and it looked something like

Soon after I threw on some essential aftermarket parts like:

Volant intake
Flowmaster American thunder cat back aka 50 series
Line-X
Bakflip G2
Bed rails
And took that stupid FFV badge off

Next tundra will definitely not be flex cuz I want that supercharger :(

Wanted more sound from the exhaust so got a 40 series and some big cherry bomb tips that I painted black

Next step was to rip out the sound system and did a complete build with:

Alpine ive-530
Alpine type x pro fronts
Alpine type r rears
Alpine type r thin woofer
Alpine pdx V9 to power it all
Avital smart start and security with the iPhone app
Alpine back up cam
Lots of dynamat!

Don't really have a pic since they are all electronics and I didn't do the install. I have a good relationship with a fantastic shop that will do whatever you can imagine here in northeast ohio. Dealer pricing is always nice too :).

I had some fun in the mountains of western PA at my buds cabin on the Clarion river after the install. Off the grid and was loving the logging roads!

Next group of mods consisted of:

Powder coated bead locks
Bushwhacker fender flares color matched with black bolts
Plasti dipped 5.7 badge
Wolo challenger ev train horn
Recon third brake light, tail lights and cab lights
Bora 1.5" wheel spacers
Oem tow mirrors
Big Tundra's BHLM
Fog light mod
N fabs
6k HID's

All of that looked something like this

Finally decided to only do ONE mod this time and added some wet okole's. Nope, I lied... Added some weather tech liners with Velcro on the passenger side.

After spending way toooo much money (thank The Lord I'm single!) I went ahead and got OME 614's, light racing uca's, OME rear shocks, coaches +2 shackles, the icon expansion pack, and some 315 cooper at3's. Was a pain putting this all on because of the stuff they put on the roads for Ohio winters, yet I finally got everything on and it looked a little bit like this :)

Shorty after i added some 18" ultra gauntlets and 35 12.50 toyo muds. The next step was to break this all in. Drove down to the Outer Banks for a week of vacation and broke it in really well on the dunes and beach.

Even after a wonderful and much needed vacation I wasn't done yet. Ordered up some of coaches shims, 2 on the driver side and one on the passenger, and then got a set of the dakar leaves to go with my shackles. This is the last of the suspension work!! A huge thanks to CoachBuilder1 for basically holding my hand as I pieced together and installed my suspension!! Next i put on my firestik thanks to NestaEdition! Also called up Keith at BAmuffler and had a system made. Hooked me up with a dual 6" muffler setup going into a y pipe and dumped before the axle with the resonator. Amazing sound and really opens up when u get on it. It makes the tundra sound as good as it looks.

About to finish up the mods with a Westin t max winch tray, a warn zeon 12k winch, and a custom dual compressor dual 5 gallon tank on board air system with a fitting mounted in the bed near the tailgate running air tools, inflating tires, and running another set of wolo trumpets. Honestly the best sounding dual horn setup. Ill be running the second set at a higher psi so it will give it a little different tone and it will sound like a quad horn system! I'm in love with this truck and couldn't wish for anything else. I dont know how i got the patience to write this up but let me know what you guys think!

Update:
Just got my warn zeon 12k ordered and also the westin t max winch tray with bull bar ordered!!! Along with the winch I have other recovery goodies coming such as a hi lift and accesories, shovel, pick axe, and sledge the utilize the hi lift handle, shackles, snatch block, straps, chains, and so on :)

Everything has arrived and has been installed! Ended up grabbing a grillecraft mesh grill from another member too.

Had to use the winch during my fun in the last picture. Ended up getting buried to the frame. Only doing small mods from now on. I have some v led switch back drl's on order that should look cool and soon my sparks led drl's will be going on.

UPDATE: carefully read the last paragraph where I say I'm only doing small Mods from here on out. Another lie...

Leather is on. went with black w/red stitching.

Also painted the dash and door panels matte red to match the inserts I got from Rijon (Thanks!). My mistake was not using clear coat so I have some chipping as I'm always ripping my dash apart. Added a switch panel with 6 rockers and a new button for my train horn again all from Rijon.

Ditched the n-fabs in favor of some Amp steps. Decided not to cut them down so I can access the bed with ease.

Other little things include a mater pull synthetic winch rope and a second thin type R woofer

The last big mods this truck will see (unless I get a sponsorship :)) will be my roof rack scheduled to be built in June, new headlights with a bi-xenon retrofit all blacked out, a demello bumper will all the goodies and line-x, line-x on the stock rear bumper, and possibly 4.88's with an arb locker in the rear. Ill be installing my new suspension goodies (kings with adjusters at all 4, camburg uca's, gusset'd spindles, maybe TC secondary shock hoop) early this summer. Would love to squeeze 37's or 315 70 18's under it next time I need tires.

Update:
Bumper was sand blasted and sprayed with line-x premium. Definitely worth it! Also spent a couple days with the new DA to make the truck shine. Looked so good my bud with an STI had me do his! Also had Jon (RIjon) make me an oversized black toyota truck T emblem.

Also added some black spikes to the fenders. Small enough where they are noticeable and are not obnoxious.

Just a couple more rare pic's of a clean truck

Also had a crazy retrofit job done by the one and only Joe "Big Tundra" Horton! These onces are murdered out, have my nickname, Oz, tinted into the side marker, black chrome G37 shrouds, and 7 black spikes!

Had fun down in the OBX again for a day. Ended up driving up the coast of NC so I spent some time on the island.

Mod money will be switched from the tundra to my new toys. The STi pictured already puts down 300 to the wheels (about 360 crank, was 305 stock). other toys are self explanatory :)

New bumper has been installed! Went with an ici magnum. Bumper has been line-x'd, houses my warn zeon 12k with new amsteel blue synthetic rope, rigid DOT dually, and 7/8" shackles. Also replaced the type x front door speakers (I blew them up, literally smoking haha) with JL C3's. Other items on the way are a full size spare, King bypass shocks for the front, total chaos shock hoops, gusseted spindles, Coachbuilder roof rack with 13 rigid lights, coach builder tie rod ends and hood light mounts, TRD cai, and a bulldog platinum.

And now for some more photo whoring as I haven't been around in some time. Did a fair amount of mods to the two toys in the last couple of months. First, the truck got some TLC with my buffer. Spent about 10 hours correcting the paint and it turned out well. Unfortunately, I'm still leaning towards line-x'n the truck like the one pictured below (bad pic, sorry).

Added some gusseted spindles powder coated to match my king's, some total chaos shock hoops, Coachbuilder tie rods by the one and only know as David aka @Coachbuilder1, revolved my coilovers, and finally mount up some bypass shocks to complete my front suspension!!

Another great project I have going on with David is almost complete, my roof rack! Cant wait to get this bad boy powdered, wired up, and mounted on the truck!

Hit up Keith again for the final exhaust hookup. Finally upgrading from my dumped catback to JBA long tube headers with a 3" race exhaust dumped before the axle again. The extra power and noise will be amazing! bad pic again but these things look sooooooo good :)

got to see these crazy seem builds at Innovative auto works, Wexford PA when I got my bypasses installed. the green dodge looks small even tho it has a kelderman 10-14" air suspension and 40's... The ford is getting overhauled for SEMA 2015. It will be known as "The Guardian" and is definitely worth checking out! The Dodge is going again and will be for sale after this years show; can't remember the name.

After all the work I have put into this truck I have finally joined a great truck club. The name is Level & Truck Club and you should definitely check us out on Instagram (Level7tc) or hit up out website (http://www.level7tc.com) to see some crazy builds.

Now onto the new toy, my 2008 STi. During the last winter the engine had skipped timing and I bent all 16 rods. After 8 months and waaaaaay too much money I had my car back and it was better then ever. I took advantage of the failure and built my short block with forged internals. I also had the fuel system overhauled and threw a bigger turbo on with many more mods that I can't list off the top of my head. The car feels more powerful the the dyno graph shows, but none the less it was a very low reading mustang dyno and it was about 90 degrees and 99 percent humidity when I was tuned. Ill be going back soon after I install a front mount intercooler for a refreshed 93 octane tune (which I should be around the 400whp range) and an E85 tune (could be upwards of 500whp!). All in all, this car rocks and is a blast to drive. Just bought some new wheels and will be upgrading to some new rubber (stock was 245 40 18 new will be 275 35 18 square stance).

Click on the next picture to watch The car on the dyno early during the tuning session.

Cheers! :beerchug:

·
I Kick Hippies
1,274 Posts
Sounds awesome, fantastic post and timeline... Except none of the image links work :(

Host them on Photobucket or similar and embed the images.

Looking foward to (actually) seeing your build!

Reactions: Pathogen

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will be adding pics of my westin max winch tray, warn zeon 12k, grillecraft black mesh grille, and more soon. Trucks at the dealership with a blown steering rack...... And it's raining out. Wish me luck..

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Good looking truck!

Reactions: Pathogen

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Great looking truck you have there bud, glad I could be part of it- Joe

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Don't forget to add your new steering rack to your list of mods ;)

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
That thing looks excellent completely filthy! Good work

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.