Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My blower selector switch does not fully work. The one that controls where you want the heat/AC. It blows to defrost, and at you, but when selected to your feet you hear the dampers move and it blows nowhere. Not defrost, not at you and not to your feet. I have not doe any dash work to it.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
bigrob, is the truck still under warrantee? If so, take it in to have it looked at. Sounds like the damper flap is stuck or came out. Probably nothing serious.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I am attaching the system description for what is supposed to blow were based on inputs. You may have some doors closing but not others opening. This should help you track it down

Attachments

Reactions: ALuCsRED

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, From the diagram air should be coming out "E" and "G" when selected to "foot". I hear damper move then no air comes out anywhere? From the diagram it appears many dampers would be moving for this to happen. I cant see that many being broken. The truck is not under warranty, where would I start for the disassembly to get to theses dampers? Could it be a programming or switch fault? All the other areas work, "A-D", K, J, I,L" ..
Thanks Rob

·
Registered
85 Posts
maybe clogged dampers or electric issue...

when i shut the truck off after about 2 mins you can hear the dampeners shutting..it makes a grinding noise..i have platinum warranty to 120 k so i got time.. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts