Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2010 5.7l Need to replace "Cam Timing Control Valve Bank 1" and cant find exact part!

2010 5.7l 38k miles Need to replace "Cam Timing Control Valve Bank 1" and cant find exact part!

Hi Guys/gals,

Check engine light came on 2 months ago andTruck threw code "P0014." Truck's been running fine and knew I had some recall stuff coming up at dealer so waited. Paid dealership $65 to fully diagnose code/problem and they came back with "Cam Timing Control Valve Bank 1" as my exact fix and told me it would be minimum $275 to fix. Dealer manager was cool and pointed out problem and said I could probably do it myself. It's one little thing that needs to be changed, confident I can do it myself. He did not give me part # though (working that end too). All the google searching has been iffy at best. Figured you guys could help diagnose the exact part number/ID.

I also have the "why it happened for once. Totally my fault but accidental. Had to go around some stuff through what looked like very flat grass... there was a hump/bump and I was going a tad too fast, front end go off the ground a little and when it came down the force was enough to knock my battery loose from the tie-down assembly and my battery whacked into the valve. Here's some picks to help id the part and see the damage. You can clearly see the plastic is scratched/marred up from the battery knocking into it.

Any help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

*Edited b/c pic uploads failed*

2001 Tundra V6 Single Cab Long Bed (The Lady Killer) Drove from 02' - '09
2010 Tundra SR5 Crew Max (The Silver Dragon) Driving from 2009 - Current

Where it is

what happened to it

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
2010 5.7l 38k miles need to replace "cam timing control valve bank 1" and cant find exact part!

Any help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

marc
15330-0s010

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Thanks. I had not stumbled onto that part #. Just ordered it off amazon, just in case it ends up not being the right thing, amazon prime 30 day return!

Thanks,

Marc
It is the right thing ;)
You are welcome

Reactions: Wacked
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.