Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well to start off, I was apprehensive about putting exhaust on this truck because I know it doesnt have the grumble like a ford/chev... I originally wanted a Corsa, but seeing as how that system was about $1000, that was not really an option. So I searched and searched.. and was drawn towards the magnaflow.

I chose to go with the Magnaflow Dual in/single out cat back system. I picked this up thru my dads shop for about $330. But the system can be had for about $400-450 online.. not a bad price.

The overall quality of the system is very good and very precise. All the parts fit together very well and exact, no bending or muscling pieces into place. The whole exhaust consisted of 4 sections, the tubes off the cats, the muffler, the piping from the muffler, and the tailpipe section.

*** and to clear up some rumors that have been floating around***

This exhaust fits perfect and DOES NOT interfere with the leaf springs or any of that nonsense.. very good fit and craftsmanship.

Now for the sound... To be honest when I first put it on, I was a little disappointed. It was quiet and had an only slightly louder tone. However, after about 400 miles and a couple weeks of having it on, it sounds much much better. I guess this is normal because Magnaflow uses packing instead of baffles and needs to break in, you can really hear it when the truck has been warmed up for a while. So after some miles on it, it sounds really good.. it is a nice refined tone. Has a very deep sound to it and is not overbearing or annoying. It is loudest at about 1100-1800 RPMs when accelerating. It sounds good when you get into the pedal but not extremely loud at all. especially when the windows are up, just a little hum

To sum it up, this is a very good product with precision craftsmanship. Very nice tone for people who aren't looking for a 16 year old's cutoff exhaust. NO DRONE AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS, or really any speed once you are cruising. Aggressive sound once you get into it, very deep and refined. I would recommend this product to anyone and i am very pleased with it

Im sure there are a few things that I have missed.. anything else you want to know, just ask !!

enjoy, Brad

cold start..

crusing windows up

driving around the block...

crusing windows down..

warmed up rev...

drive by..

Im going to get a few more drive by videos and I will post later...

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think in the video of you cruising around with the windows down, I can actually hear your tires over the exhaust. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm mentioning the fact that there's obviously no drone and it's so quiet at low RPMs that you can hear everything else.

I like it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Jesus that's nice for $400. In the world I'm used to, $1000 is sort of an entry price. What's better about the Corsa?

Has anybody actually dynoed their trucks before and after to see a difference?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt feel a noticeable gain in power, maybe a little more pep.. mainly just did it for sound. And yes NO DRONE !! its a beautiful thing ! lol..

The corsa is supposed to not drone at any RPMs.. and it also sounds very mean on a tundra.

Thanks for the comments guys !! hoping to get a few more WOT videos this week :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are you looking at the dual kits or the single kits ? check planetmagnaflow.com

and if i had to do it over again, I would probably have gone with the duals.. just so it was a tad louder

·
Registered
88 Posts
I wanted to ask if you've had any rub or banging issues with this system. An earlier post on the Magnaflow 16865 system the guy had lots of problems and Magnflow left him hanging big time and wouldn't help. So I'm wondering if you noticed any fit issues? I think it was hitting the leaf spring or shackle...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wanted to ask if you've had any rub or banging issues with this system. An earlier post on the Magnaflow 16865 system the guy had lots of problems and Magnflow left him hanging big time and wouldn't help. So I'm wondering if you noticed any fit issues? I think it was hitting the leaf spring or shackle...
NONE AT ALL !! thats why i wrote that in my write up.. idk what the guy keeps talkin about because he is the ONLY one. This thing fits perfect.. no fitment issues at all.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well I do see that they do have a different system for trucks built before 8/08 so maybe there was something that changed since they have 2 part numbers for the '08.

Originally I thought about the Magnaflow but after his problems with the dual system I was hesitant. Now I'm up in the air on either a dual Magnaflow system or the Banks Dual Monster. I know the Banks is around $800 but it is SS and I like that since I won't have to worry about it rusting out in northern winters. Decisions...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice write up. I have a different model number Magnaflow but you describe everything mine sounds like. I did the turn down after the exhaust and it isn't loud in the cab at all. I also didnt want something really loud but a good rumble when at heavy throttle.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I do see that they do have a different system for trucks built before 8/08 so maybe there was something that changed since they have 2 part numbers for the '08.

Originally I thought about the Magnaflow but after his problems with the dual system I was hesitant. Now I'm up in the air on either a dual Magnaflow system or the Banks Dual Monster. I know the Banks is around $800 but it is SS and I like that since I won't have to worry about it rusting out in northern winters. Decisions...
based on the two systems.. I like the sound of the magnaflow a lot better.

and ya, I forgot the 08s and later are more because the FFV motor, it causes one of the pipes connecting to the cats longer... but you are more than likely paying for the research and jigs to make it rather than the cost of the extra pipe... thats my guess

1 - 20 of 42 Posts