Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many people on here post about fuel mileage and thought I would share mine since I bought my 2010 in Sept. I drove mostly around town until 5-1-10 but since then I have been using it as my daily driver for my 80 mile round trip highway commute.

Tundra (Toyota Tundra) | Fuelly

·
Registered
146 Posts
nice website man. I really like that. I owned a civic up until about a week ago. I loved that car. I could push 39 mpg easily...I think right now I am averaging about 17.5, but i have 760 miles on the odometer right now..

·
Registered
423 Posts
Whats your secret? I cant even seem to crack 14mpg.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I get 17-18mpg but 85% of my commutes are Highway so that is why the average is where it is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have an 08 Crewmax 4x4 with the 5.7L. Have 35k miles on it. Bought it new. I have avg about 14.5 or so. if i go about 290-300 miles, I better start looking for a gas station. No problems so far. Have a level kit and oversize all-terrain tires.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Why is this thread specifically for 2010? Only cuz you own one or because Toyota made a change in MPG for the 2010s? :confused:

I have an '08 and hauling the following and I get a consistent 18mpg highway going 80mph:

Two Motorcycles (CBR600RR & Ninja250R)
Two 94" long x 30" wide ramps
One Honda EU2000i Generator
One Go-ped scooter (pit bike)
One 11 Gallon Gas Jug
One set of tires
One Canopy (10x10)
Both my stands (front & rear)
350lbs worth of misc. crap including myself

Highway + local = consistent 16-17mpg but mostly 16.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I don't think that the 2010 model is any different than the older 5.7 engines. There seem to be basically three groups:
1) Those with a heavier foot that get around 12-13:eek:
2) Those that drive conservatively get in the 16-17 range:D
3) Those that will try to BS you with 20-22 numbers:eek:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Those are some good looking numbers.

2010 DC 4x4 5.7
So far my mileage is....
Those are by my gas receipts and ODO, but I also run a Scanguage II all the time and all those numbers are always within 1/10 of what it says.

It looks like I'm on pace for another tank over 17 on my next fill up according to the scangauge.

I accelerate briskly but rarely do more than 1 or 2 over the speed limit. My daily commute is only 6 miles each way and it's all in town below 40. I've had a couple highway trips that were over 19 mpg, but the tank average was brought down by my commute.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those numbers were done with the charcoal filter removed and a soft tri-fold tonneau. I do my best to keep it 70 or under on the highway and for the most part drive it like easy around town. I do believe there is some truth with the ECU "learning" your driving habits. My mileage has slowly gone up tank to tank since driving it on the highway everyday meanwhile not changing my driving habits drastically. I am looking to get intake and exhaust and we shall see how much better I can do!

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I agree with mendonsy. I learned a long time ago the three things someone will lie to you about are: the amount of sex they are getting (especially if they aren't married), the amount of income tax refund, and their vehicle's mileage.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I agree with mendonsy. I learned a long time ago the three things someone will lie to you about are: the amount of sex they are getting (especially if they aren't married), the amount of income tax refund, and their vehicle's mileage.
I have sex 3 times a day, my tax refund was $10,000, and my Tundra gets 25MPG.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I have sex 3 times a day, my tax refund was $10,000, and my Tundra gets 25MPG.
Well, then it must all be TRUE because Tony would never stretch the truth!:eek:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I started keeping a spreadsheet on my gas mileage and it averaged out to be 14.6 over 11 tanks so far. I decided to start this cause I was getting tanks with 16.5 MPG and others with 13MPG. So I wanted to see my true average.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mine is telling me 12.5 average.... one of those heavy foots

·
Registered
15 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts