Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I drove a 2012 Tundra the other day that had the TRD exhaust and I remember saying to my wife that it doesnt pick up and go as quick as ours (we have a 2009). I'm not sure if its because of the TRD exhaust or because we have an intake on ours. I was about to order this exhaust but am now debating it....

·
Registered
716 Posts
Just picked up my 2012 Crewmax today. Had this exhaust installed prior to taking the truck. Love the sound. Nice rumble light to light but can't hear it on the highway.

Compared to my bone stock 2008 I traded in, I don't see any performance difference whatsoever.

·
Registered
651 Posts
When I had the TRD Duals , I noticed that I gained a few MPG. Also with the TRD Duals, the Tundra breathe a lot easier.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had my truck for 4 weeks. I have been looking at CAI systems as well as exhaust systems and based on what I've read they are ALL associated with some form of low/mid range power loss.

I know I might be in the minority here, but I'm not going to spend $900 on a TRD exhaust and $320 on a TRD CAI if its going to cut into my powerbands.

I'd love to do something like this to my truck, but unlike my car I'm told that this 5.7L engine needs the backpressure.

Can someone comment on the low/mid range powerbands and tell me whether they experienced any change? Even if its only using your "seat of the pants" index..... I'm hesitant to spend money to lose something that I already have.

Thanks in advance,

Powerband? I may be mistaken, but i heard from a little bird, that powerbands are for 2-strokes :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can anyone please confirm for me that both the TRD dual exhaust and CAI are CARB approved?

edit - To be specific - TRD *2012 true dual exhaust

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
625 Posts
Dirtydeeds can make u a custom setup for well under a grand that has proven numbers in HP Gains and from what hundreds of guys on here will tell u puts the trd system to shame. I'm assuming you're a name brand labels kind of guy?? Cause that's what you're paying for...lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well aren't you a very opinionated fellow. I have 3 years remaing on my warrenty, although tundras are "bullet proof" with my luck ill have an issue and be told its not covered because I put an aftermarket exhaust on. That being said... I can get a true duals gibson for around 500 cash. But I want the trd. Your not helping my cause. And im betting your a gotta get the last word kinda guy. Lmao... once again if anyone can help me in my search for an affordable trd I'd really appreciate it. Also I've read this entire thread and the only person whos flaming this exhaust.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the info... Sorry if I took you wrong ilyk2ski. Ive been told by my Toyota dealer anything but trd will void my warrenty and also they have to install it. Im just going to stick with trd. thanks again

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Thanks for the info... Sorry if I took you wrong ilyk2ski. Ive been told by my Toyota dealer anything but trd will void my warrenty and also they have to install it. Im just going to stick with trd. thanks again
Where are you located?

Contact toyota of Newnan (Metro Atlanta area) ask for Chiquita Tatum. Let her know you are on Tundra Talk and do you still get a discount off of TRD parts. her contact # is 678-854-9605.

I paid $850 plus tax($60) for mine and I went and pu.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the info but im cape coral florida. Ill give a call and see what the total is shipped. Thanks again... oh and Mgisonno valiant effort but the 100 shipping puts it at a grand still.

161 - 180 of 182 Posts