Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They FINALLY released the new TRD Dual exhaust. it now is TRUE DUALS! two seperate mufflers and side exit exhaust. the tips are in the same spot as before, just a deeper more aggressive note than the previous version. About a grand in parts and worth EVERY PENNY! check it out you wont be sorry. ;)

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post up some sound clips please! Do you have any cabin drone?
no cabin drone, and i have a 77 series k&n system as well. not sure how to do the sound clip? just record from phone and then attach?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah you can do it that way I believe and then upload it to Youtube or someother video host and post the link...someone else may chime in and there may be an easier way...I've never done it

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah you can do it that way I believe and then upload it to Youtube or someother video host and post the link...someone else may chime in and there may be an easier way...I've never done it
I'll give it a shot. give me to tomorrow evening, i'll try to post it up by then. It truly couldnt sound perfect over a clip though. you can distinctly here the separation in sound between pipes because its true duals now. it sounds really really good. i personally wouldnt have it any other way. the quality of the stainless is alot better this time around too i believe. ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yeah, I have the TRD exhaust on my 07 and I have drone...I can't find any clips anywhere with this newer system. I like my exhaust and don't mind the drone most of the time, but I do wish it was a bit more aggresive sounding! Looking forward to hearing you clips.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
my buddy has this set up on his 06 tundra and its pretty loud and sounds great i bet itd be even better on the monster 5.7 but i went with as loud as i could find and redneck as possible

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looking forward to pics and sound clips on this!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I was unable to find the true duel exhaust on the TRD web page. I was thinking of creating my own. Were did you find it?

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
They FINALLY released the new TRD Dual exhaust. it now is TRUE DUALS! two seperate mufflers and side exit exhaust. the tips are in the same spot as before, just a deeper more aggressive note than the previous version. About a grand in parts and worth EVERY PENNY! check it out you wont be sorry. ;)
Do you know who makes the new system? I know the old one was made by Borla, and it did drone at certain speeds.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am gonna try to do a sound clip. not sure how it will turn out lol.

FYI this exhaust ONLY fits the 09 and newer. the crossover pipe from the driver side changed and this new exhaust it for it only.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
can people buy just the mufflers?
no. it starts at the flange from your cat. pipe and then they come to the mufflers which are welded together by a bracket and it then bolts to two seperate exhaust pipes for the side exits in the back. its all stainless steel.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, i cant seem to get it to load onto the site. its in wav. form what should i do any ideas?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thats sweet it finally came out! I tried to add it to my purchase price when I bought my tundra but alas it wasn't out *shrug* ended up with a stainless MBRP guess i'll have to do for now hehe... congrats!

Reactions: HEMI LOL

·
Registered
453 Posts
pics!!!!!!

Got any pics of the system??? I'd really like to see what it looks like, not that I'm gonna get it, since I already have a Magnaflow system. Wish it was a true dual exhaust w/two mufflers tho:(

·
Registered
651 Posts
Got any pics of the system??? I'd really like to see what it looks like, not that I'm gonna get it, since I already have a Magnaflow system. Wish it was a true dual exhaust w/two mufflers tho:(
Here is a picture of the dual cat back

TRD Dual Exhaust at Sparks Toyota-Scion, Myrtle Beach, SC

I initially wanted to get them back in mid october, but order kept getting pushed backand I canceled it. So now, the place that I order from last time, has it physically in stock. I am jumping on this as soon as I get a reply email from the seller. It will be under a grand shipped for the tail pipe kit and dual exhaust.

Edited: I would want to see the actual pic of the system installed on the OP Tundra.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts