Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New to forum, found good info here. Have had a hellacious experience with my '08. Had the check engine light, VCS light flashing, traction control light on. Code indicated problem with air pumps. Toyota of Dothan said air pumps and switching valves needed replacement. Had already seen this topic on this forum, so was not surprised. Was dismayed when, after truck sat at dealer for 3 weeks in June that I was in line for the valves to be shipped in September, and truck to be disabled the entire time. I got in contact with the owner of my dealer. Long story short, he got after his parts department and they sniffed out the valves at another dealer. The parts were being held for a customer who didn't show up for his repair. They got my parts overnighted in and my repairs were completed today. Love the truck, hate the potential for further problems. BTW, Toyota did cover the 3 grand cost of the repair. What a nightmare this has been, but sure proud to have my truck back! Looking forward to more good stuff on this forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts