Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2008 Tundra DC, 4WD with tow package. When I enter the VIN on the Toyota website I get the original specs for the truck

It says Factory Tow but it has 4.1 diff with 10.5" ring gear.

It says GVWR 7,100 Payload 1655 lb But Tow rating is ONLY 5,000 Lb. Why is this? Can this be correct? Anything else I should look at on the truck? Could that tow rating be based on a crappy hitch they installed?

I have a 5,000 lb trailer and do not want to pull it with something only rated at 5,000 lb

Any help would be appreaciated

·
Registered
322 Posts
Some information is missing or incorrect. A 2008 tundra even without the tow package would have a higher tow rating than that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am looking at a 2008 Tundra DC, 4WD with tow package. When I enter the VIN on the Toyota website I get the original specs for the truck

It says Factory Tow but it has 4.1 diff with 10.5" ring gear.

It says GVWR 7,100 Payload 1655 lb But Tow rating is ONLY 5,000 Lb. Why is this? Can this be correct? Anything else I should look at on the truck? Could that tow rating be based on a crappy hitch they installed?

I have a 5,000 lb trailer and do not want to pull it with something only rated at 5,000 lb

Any help would be appreaciated
I have really the exact same truck. An 08 DC 4x4 with the 5.7 and tow package. My owners manual says tow capacity was just over 10k. Something may be wrong with your source.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts