Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know offhand what the price is for a new gas tank on a 2008 Tundra Crewmax? I came out of work last night to find some lowlife punched a hole in my tank and stole my gas. I had it towed over to the dealership, but I'm trying to get an idea of how much it's going to run before I tell the insurance company, because I don't want them jacking up my rates if its going to end up only being around the cost of my deductible.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Does anyone know offhand what the price is for a new gas tank on a 2008 Tundra Crewmax? I came out of work last night to find some lowlife punched a hole in my tank and stole my gas. I had it towed over to the dealership, but I'm trying to get an idea of how much it's going to run before I tell the insurance company, because I don't want them jacking up my rates if its going to end up only being around the cost of my deductible.
Wouldn't the dealership be able to give you a price pretty quickly?

Fuel tank assy, Fuel tank assy
TANK SUB-ASSY- FUEL
MSRP : $826.08

You can find them online ranging in the $600 range new

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I was just trying to get an idea early in the day before they opened so I knew whether I was calling the insurance company or not. I ended up talking to the dealership and they quoted $1250 for parts and labor plus tax.

I looked into the Transfer Flow because I would love to have a larger capacity tank, but the configurator on their Web site only shows options for the 6.5' and 8' beds. Since I have a CrewMax the bed is only 5.5', so I don't know if they have a solution to fit my truck.

I asked Toyota if they have a larger capacity tank, but I'm waiting for a call back from them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a local dealer/installer for the Transfer Flow tank and they quoted me $1950 installed, which would be $700 out of pocket, so unfortunately its the OEM tank for me. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts