Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally have decided to get a cat-back system and had a question about exhaust tip placement. The two Borla systems I am considering are the same, with the exception of location of the tips.
Borla 140238 - has the tips coming out behind the rear tires, on the side.
Borla 140239 - tips coming out the back under the bumper.

Bring my first exhaust system, I am not sure of the pros/cons of the location of the exhaust tips...Is it just a personal preference thing or is there a performance difference.

I've decided on the Borla from research and reviews and videos, but any other advice is helpful if you have an opinion. On the phone a lot while in the truck and need low drone...and want - SS, dual out with SS tips and good solid deep sound. Nothing raspy...just clean and deep and shiny to go with the rest of the chrome on the lower-half of my truck.
Appreciate your advice!
-LiquidMetal

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Finally have decided to get a cat-back system and had a question about exhaust tip placement. The two Borla systems I am considering are the same, with the exception of location of the tips.
Borla 140238 - has the tips coming out behind the rear tires, on the side.
Borla 140239 - tips coming out the back under the bumper.

Bring my first exhaust system, I am not sure of the pros/cons of the location of the exhaust tips...Is it just a personal preference thing or is there a performance difference.

I've decided on the Borla from research and reviews and videos, but any other advice is helpful if you have an opinion. On the phone a lot while in the truck and need low drone...and want - SS, dual out with SS tips and good solid deep sound. Nothing raspy...just clean and deep and shiny to go with the rest of the chrome on the lower-half of my truck.
Appreciate your advice!
-LiquidMetal
Forget the borla and go get u a BAmuffler!!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts