Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 2007-2009 Tundra and can't decide if I want an SR5 or a Limited package. What are the differences between these two packages? A friend of mine with a Limited told me the blue tooth voice dialing is nice, but his microwave is awful and he doesn't even use it anymore. I don't really care either way about the stereo controls being on the steering whee. but what are the other differences? Trying to decide if the extra money is worth spending for the Limited package, or should I just save and get the SR5. Also, how much will I save if looking at both examples brand new?

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I cant say how much you will save, but I found this comparison tool on the Toyota website, you can plug the 2 models in and compare them side by side. I had similar questions and I plugged in the grade against the SR5 against the Limited to see exactly what you are getting for your money, maybe it will help you too.

Toyota Side-by-Side Comparison

·
Registered
189 Posts
the limited has different /fancier gauges. power passenger seat. more adjustibilty on the driver seat. leather. painted front bumper. more standard features instead of options on the sr5

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet looking truck minoy. What kind/how much of a lift do you have? And what kind of mpg are you getting running those 35's? City and Highway?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant say how much you will save, but I found this comparison tool on the Toyota website, you can plug the 2 models in and compare them side by side. I had similar questions and I plugged in the grade against the SR5 against the Limited to see exactly what you are getting for your money, maybe it will help you too.

Toyota Side-by-Side Comparison
Perfect. Thanks Simon.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
You will save at least $2k going the SR5 route. Depending on how the limited is packaged you may save even more. Another thought is to go with a Grade truck - I spec most of my Grade trucks with bucket seats with center consoles, rear sliding glass and tow package. The only difference between that and an SR5 is 6 disk cd changer, trip gauges (that I can add) and a power seat. I have an '09 on my lot that has an MSRP of only $31k. Compare that to an SR5 at $34k or a limited at $40k.........

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sweet looking truck minoy. What kind/how much of a lift do you have? And what kind of mpg are you getting running those 35's? City and Highway?
thank you!! i have the icon coilovers, chaos fab uca and stock in the rear, except i swaped out the shocks. the lift is about 2.75". i get about 13mpg but i drive in a lot of traffic.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Indy-

It also appears that dealers are offering lifetime Engine/Power train warranties on 2008+ trucks and are eating the $399 fee. Does that warranty not transfer to a new owner say if I sell it in 2 years? And if I buy a used one, can I get this warranty? Or is it only available on brand new trucks and for the buyer of that brand new truck, for as long they own it?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did you test drove these trucks yet?
I have driven 3 of them now. Drove a limited 5.7 on Saturday. The dealer was so busy they didn't have a sales rep that could ride with me. I was in heaven. These trucks are SOOOO damn fast it's unreal. I had to be careful when the light turns green not to burn the tires. The 5.7 will flat out haul azz.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will save at least $2k going the SR5 route. Depending on how the limited is packaged you may save even more. Another thought is to go with a Grade truck - I spec most of my Grade trucks with bucket seats with center consoles, rear sliding glass and tow package. The only difference between that and an SR5 is 6 disk cd changer, trip gauges (that I can add) and a power seat. I have an '09 on my lot that has an MSRP of only $31k. Compare that to an SR5 at $34k or a limited at $40k.........
Indy-

The one I told you about doesn't have a sunroof. Can you find me a white 5.7 CrewMax with a sunroof? And price?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's almost $10,000 cheaper than my sticker value.
Mickey-

Yours is a limited, this is an SR5. This is what happens when you continue to ask questions! "Oh, what a feeling" right?

$10k less than your "sticker", but how much different than your final sales price? (another question)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts