Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a long story short I sold my bone stock SR5 CM Tundra Last year. I purchased a temporary truck until I could afford the truck I wanted. It was an 07 Nissan Titan king cab. When I first picked up the Titan i could immediately tell the power difference and thought the Tundra would eat the Titan alive. Now a year later I finally bought another 07 Tundra but this time a fully loaded limited with a Borla dual exhaust and TRD cold air intake. My new truck just does not have the get up and go the old one did. Is it just me? I'm going to try and unplug the battery and see if the reset helps. Just thought the addition of the exhaust and intake would make a world of difference. Any thoughts?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually had 20" Nitto Terra Grapplers on my old truck and this one only has the stock trd. Why would intake and exhaust kill low end torque? What do I need to do to put me back in my seat again? I swear my bone stock Titan would eat this one alive.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol. No I hate to say that was the first thing I checked was to make sure it was the 5.7. I had 305/55/20's on the last truck. It just seems like my last one pulled so much harder than this one out of the hole. Could the exhaust and intake really loose power?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You also "thought" you had 20" tires on your old truck :lol:

:D. :beerchug:
I actually just left out the word "with", it was supposed to be with 20's with nitto terra grapplers. I actually know more than you probably think about trucks. Tundra's especially. I've been a car nut since a kid. Thanks for the insult though big shot.

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Problem is I love how it sounds. Maybe an Super Charger is in the future:)
An alternative is to get the TRD exhaust. They sound awesome and has no low end torque loss, and a lot cheaper than a supercharger. :)

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha, I was just fukkin with you man, simmer down. :eek: I don't know shit about engines, I just remember hearing people bitch about lack of performance after bolting on $1k+ of exhaust and intake. :yesnod:

BTW, if I put a :D and :beerchug: in my smartass posts, that means I'm just making a friendly jab, not calling you out on your low IQ to get you pissed off :D

Oh, and I'm definitely not a big shot...I'm 5'7" and 167lbs soaking wet. ;)
No offense taken my friend. :)

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Go with a BAmuffler! !! I cant recall anybody complaining about it, it should give more power where u need it. IMO the trd intake is almost the same as stock.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yeah, I figured it was more for looks but hey it came with the truck. I'll probably just try the computer reset for now and see where that gets me. Not like I drag race the thing anyway. :)

· "The Midnight Modder"
11,251 Posts
I just never thought a more free flowing system would cause low end torque. I would think just the opposite.
Theory is the larger 3" pipes mean less pressure so less low end power. Same theory behind water pipes. 6" main line to 2" houseline means more pressure to your house. But it does sound good. Some here have aftermarket muffler but stock size pipes and claim no loss in power. I am one of those butt dyno believers. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Theory is the larger 3" pipes mean less pressure so less low end power. Same theory behind water pipes. 6" main line to 2" houseline means more pressure to your house. But it does sound good. Some here have aftermarket muffler but stock size pipes and claim no loss in power. I am one of those butt dyno believers. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
There is the educated response to the question I was asking. Makes perfect sense. I 'll look into the BAmuffler. Sounds good I take it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.