Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, 2007 Double Cab here,
Tacotunes on their website offer ID 65CS, which is a 2.75 inch depth speaker, for a 2007 but CXS64, a 3inch depth speaker, for 2014+.I want to get the CXS but I am wondering if the max speaker depth for 2007's is 2.75 inches? (with a 6x9 to 6.5 adapter)

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

As a new member, I'd suggest researching Tacotunes using the search function before buying anything from them.
Their after purchase service and shipping issues could cause one to take notice.

Good luck....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

As a new member, I'd suggest researching Tacotunes using the search function before buying anything from them.
Their after purchase service and shipping issues could cause one to take notice.

Good luck....
I appreciate it. I have made a ticket on their website and left multiple messages on their support line and did not get an answer yet. That is the reason why I thought about buying those speakers off amazon myself but them not offering one model for 07-14 range of Tundras but doing it for 14+ and there being .25 inch depth difference between speakers caught my attention. I will most likely do more research on them now you pointed it out.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I fit 2 5/8" deep on my 2010 without any issue, and had baffles behind them, which added about 1/4", and didn't have any issues, I also used speaker adapters from car-speaker-adapters.com. I did end up cutting the bottom half of the baffles off turning them into nothing more than a splash guard, but only because they hurt the low range frequency response.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did the kicker 6x9 three way, It was a tight fit. The magnet rests on the window guide and one plastic tab on the door panel does not go in but I have no radling. I'm running 75x4 rms amp with pass filter off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts