Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy 2 12' subs for my 2007 crewmax. I need to buy amp/sub/box for it. Does anyone have a site where I can get all this for my tundra?

I'm also going to buy a new touch screen audio head unit so if you know of any of that, post here also.

Thanks!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I am currently planning out my audio build also.. the sub/amp depends on what you are looking for and your budget, the box depends on which sub(s) you choose.

I have a Kenwood DNX7140 for sale if you are interested in a good HU.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Also might have a couple amps for sale depending on your power needs.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Used deals for amps and subs on craigslist. Box, maybe ebay. Unless you like brand new stuff, then pretty much everywhere :yesnod: I've had pretty good luck with crutchfield in the past. My h/u was a $1000 h/u at the time, they had it on sale for $500, I snatched it up. Also bought a few amps off them in the past, and speakers. Of course you can go higher end, but reasonably priced stuff works well for me.

I'd steer clear of purchasing everything from 1 place, unless they will price match lower priced competitors. I'd research and decide what HU, amp, speakers, box, etc. that you want, then individually shop for the best prices. If they can all be found from 1 supplier, get them to price match.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess my question is, can I put any subs and amp in there? Because I'd assume the box would have to custom fit for a tundra so are there specific subs/amps that you can only get?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I guess my question is, can I put any subs and amp in there? Because I'd assume the box would have to custom fit for a tundra so are there specific subs/amps that you can only get?
No.. you can get any subs/amp that you like.
If you have a box in mind (there are several crewmax boxes on the market) you will want to then pair up the airspace requirements with your sub.. then amp with the power needs of the subs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No.. you can get any subs/amp that you like.
If you have a box in mind (there are several crewmax boxes on the market) you will want to then pair up the airspace requirements with your sub.. then amp with the power needs of the subs.
Thanks for all the help. I'm doing research on all of it so let's hope it works out :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think I will sub to this, I also have the same truck and looking to do an audio upgrade

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I will sub to this, I also have the same truck and looking to do an audio upgrade
I might have to switch my subs to something else other than the Kickers due to wanting to maintain quite a bit of room in the back. I think I'm gonna switch to 2 12' MTX Shallow Subs to fit in that sub box. and just find an amp that will work with it. Should cost around 500$ or so. Maybe more.

·
Registered
663 Posts
nice find on the box..they are about 2 hours away from me, I might have them build mine when the time comes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts