Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening All,

New member and just purchased a low mile 2007 Tundra SR5. Drove it back to NY from down south, my dad took it for a drive and when he got back the driver seat has started to make a popping sound. I have done a lot of reaearch and understand this is a very common issue and most likely will result in buying a new seat base, which is super disaapointing. Every post I read was that the problem was fixed under warranty, I don't have that option. My question to you all, has anybody fixed this one on their own with a DIY fix? From what I read, it's usually caused by a broken weld, is it as simple as a reweld?

Thanks,
HoopD

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Welcome from the capital. I have an 08 and it doesn't creek. And why doesn't it do it with you? A lot lighter?
I went to buy a pair of outdoor chairs at the telescope factory and my seat was fine ,the gf's also, well until I sat in hers because it was set up for tilting easier. It started squeeking. Found a broken weld which they fixed so long story short it could be a broken weld. Just take apart the seat and you will find out. you will need to remove all the foam and material for the weld. Luckily it is only half the seat.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
All 3 of my Tundras 08,11 and my current 2013 all had a creaking drivers seat. I like to have the seat a little higher than most and in that position it creaks, I found that if I lower it just a tad it doesn't creak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'm thinking it's a broken weld as well. My dad who was a little bigger test drove the truck and when get back its started creeking and popping. He is on weightier side. Anybody have experience/luck in fixing the weld break rather than buying a new base??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts