Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my 2007 Tundra since 2009 and i finally got around to putting some performance modification in it and i couldn't be happier. I installed an aFe's classic Stage 2 intake with the Pro Dry S filter, aFe Silver Bullet Throttle Body Spacers and Pulstar Performance Series Spark Plugs. The installation was pretty easy, the hardest part was getting to the spark plugs. They are really buried in there. But the intake and throttle body was a breeze. So after the install right off the bat i felt an increase of power and acceleration. The intake makes a sick sucking sound when you first step on the gas and then its just a throaty moan as you accelerate further. It sounds amazing. When i got home after the test drive i decided to see what other mods i can put in my Tundra (besides the Gibson dual sweep extreme exhaust i bought but didn't install yet) and i stumbled on a Jet Power-Flow Mass Air Sensor. It was relatively cheap so I ordered it. I didn't have high hopes for it but i was pleasantly surprised. The throttle response feels more responsive after installing it. I would recommend any of these mods. As far as the Gibson exhaust.... i attempted to install it yesterday but the existing bolts were so rusted i couldn't even budge them and decided to bring her to a shop to get it done. Hopefully ill have a review for that next week.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Stock Intake Removed

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Auto part Engine

Stock Intake Removed

Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Automotive engine part

Stock Throttle Body Disconnected

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Engine

New Intake Installed

Auto part Engine Exhaust manifold Fuel line Automotive exhaust

New Intake Installed

Auto part Fuel line Engine Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Throttle Body Spacer Installed

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Finished Product

Auto part Fuel line Pipe Automotive fuel system Vehicle

New Mass Air Flow Sensor

Auto part Automotive exhaust Pipe Exhaust system Muffler

Mountain of Rust on the Stock Exhaust Bolts which did not come with the kit, how am i supposed to reuse those bolts and the gasket!!

· Registered
174 Posts
I hate sounding like a dick but....

TB spacers are pure snake oil and will not help HP in the slightest on this or any FI engine.
Carb spacers can increase HP because they increase runner length, moving the HP higher in the powerband range (*also very dependent on cam timing) but show a loss in lower RPM.

If by design its one of those goofy 'spin the air' (*like how the f can you spin the air pushing air over a tight screw at mach levels....I never understood how manufactures of this tornado stuff could take themselves that seriously) you will LOOSE HP because the 'spiral' generates turbulence and separation of the airs boundary layer in the intake.

I suggest you pull it off and get your money back as quickly as you can.

~JH

· Premium Member
2,012 Posts
I was thinking of getting one of those Jet MAF Sensor becuase I keep getting P0101/103 since I installed my Turbo mod. I just could not find One positive feedback on ANY forum from many different cars that tried it. It was put in the same catagory as JH's above description of the TB spacer.. Your positive MAF feedback got my attention. Can you elaborate more on what you felt was the dramatic effect? Was it a whole Jet MAF replacement part or just a partial top part? And can you post a link of where you bought it from? Thx!
-

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I felt an increase in throttle response after installing the new MAF compared to the stock MAF. With the new intake and the stock MAF my acceleration seemed sluggish, but with the new MAF i felt an improvement. Maybe i was having a placebo/snake oil effect but i stand by my experience.... I didn't take it to the track or anything like that, just normal driving so i don't have any tech data to back it up. As far as the throttle body, I didn't do alot of research before getting the kit so maybe i should of installed the intake first then did a test drive then went back to install the throttle body to see if there was a difference. But at this point i am going to leave it in my truck. Here is a link to where i purchased the MAF Jet Performance 69147 Mass Air Flow Sensor | Auto Parts Warehouse Besides all that i did see a small increase in my MPG... but with the new power i keep stomping on the gas so hopefully in a couple weeks i will get a handle on how much increase i had. Before the install my average was 14.2-14.9

· Registered
14,308 Posts
gonna need a hot wrench for those exhaust bolts...

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.