Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in what experiences people habe had with these 2 trucks. I own a 2009 tacoma double cab trd sport and habe been looking at a first gen tundra double cab. This will be a daily driver work truck / exposition truck. I own several rental properties and I'm thinking about leaving my full time job to travel. I plan to purchase a cargo trailer that's 7x16 to live full time out of while I fish an hunt all over the country. How is the after market support for the Tundra? would love to hear all of your comments on which you think is better suited for what I'm looking to do.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I have an 05 DC tundra and my buddy has a 13 DCLB tacoma and we ride motocross together. The tundra feels way bigger in the cab as well as bed space and bed depth. Tundra also has more power. We have to place bikes, gear, etc. the same way every time in the tacoma and there is no extra room and in the tundra there is room to spare. I would not trade my 05 DC for a tacoma unless I was going to sell it and go back to the tundra and keep all the extra money it costs!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. My tacoma is a great truck I just more pay load an towing capacity. The size suits me I want to be able to get back off the beaten path so I don't want to be using a larger truck. The first gen tundra just seems like it's the perfect size.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Oh yeah don't take my post as saying the 1st gen tundra is to big. It really is the perfect size truck with great power in that 4.7. I even came back to a 1st gen from a 2nd gen crewmax, mostly to get out of car payments, but I actually like it better because it has the 6.5' bed.

·
Banned
5 Posts
This is how I see it: With every new generation, the Tacoma gets bigger and bigger. The 15 year old 1st gen Tundra is almost the same size as the brand new Tacoma. Why? Because the size works better for almost everyone. For what I use a truck for, I can not think of 1 reason that I would prefer a Tacoma over a 1st generation Tundra.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes the first gen tundra is near perfect for what I want it has decent pay load an towing capacity decent HP an torqu. I would prefer diesel but that's not likely to happen. Next Gen taco should be built like the first gen Tundra an I will be a very happy camper.
I have a few things to get done on my Taco then I'm putting it up for sale an then find a decent priced Tundra. Hope to stay around 10 grand I just don't want to drop a whole lot of money on one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.