Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2006 extended cab 4 x 4. I don't drive it often enough and just turned over 26,000 miles. Randomly while at a stop the truck will rev and surge forward. Any ideas? Thanks, Liz

·
Registered
830 Posts
Throttle position sensor?

How often are you driving it? It would seem odd to have really bad gas, like from a six month old tank of fuel; but I could see it doing that. If it was bad gas it'd probably feel like it is down on power. Which leads to a question: is it doing anything else? Does it drive like normal otherwise?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, no everything seems to be normal, admittedly the fuel was a couple of months old but I have added two half tanks in the past two week. What it does, when you come to a stop at a light if you lightly hold the break it seems to get a surge of fuel and surges forward, if you press the break hard to the floor and hold it does not happen. I feel like (for lack of knowing the right terminology) that it requires excessive pressure on the break to control the fuel flow.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Vacuum line leaking, MAF sensor dirty, or something leaking in the intake system???
I'll check with my son later tonight. He had something similar with his '02 and I think his was the MAF sensor.

edit: Just talked to him ..... he had to clean the MAF sensor and the throttle body.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts