Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2006 Tundra 4x4 AccessCab, AM/FM/Cass/CD changer with an amp below the jump seat in a covered well.

HU is a Fujitsu Ten, pn 86120-0C060
Amp under right rear seat is Panasonic pn 86280-0C061
There are front and rear speakers and door tweeters
No HU controls on steering wheel

I ordered the following from Crutchfield
Kenwood KDC-HD458U
Axxess TYTO-01 Wiring Interface (wrong, fits JBL system)

The Axxess adapter does not fit the factory HU wiring harness. I called the techs at Crutchfield and they are trying, but no answers yet.

Does the collective knowledge of this forum know what I need to do to get the Kenwood HU working with the factory amp and speakers?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
pics. good clear shot of the harness behind the radio showing shape and number of pins. same for amp if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I read those links earlier, I have sent an email to TechSupport @ Metra and Scoche for help as well.

This issue seems to be known but no resolution.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
there isn't a simple solution.

1. use an integration harness up front to retain the factory amp. i don't recommend this as its going to be trouble. using the speaker level output of the new radio is too hot a signal and the high level outputs end up with noise.

2. cut the right hand harness in the last pic and run speaker wires to either the new radio or amp that you will be using. the colors are standard back there. the excess wires in the middle are 2 hots, 2 grounds, and a possible turn on.

3. i can likely fab up a plug and play harness for the speaker plug at the amp so you don't have to cut wires but its likely not worth the cost as i'd have to charge for the harnesses that would have to die for the cause.

ryan

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ryan

I will follow your advice and go with #2 Is there anyway to add the the front tweeters?

Thanks for the time, much appreciated

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
door tweeters in these use the same wire. it tees off in the door, one to the woofer and one to the tweeter. the tweeter have a simple capacitor on them for a filter.

when you install new speakers, assuming they are a component set with a crossover, you simply use one feed in the door( at the woofer) into the crossover. then go out of the crossover into your separate speakers from there. simply take the upper wire at the tweeter location an zip tie it out of the way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the event anyone else has this setup, I had to do the following:

Install this Harness:
Metra/AXXESS TYTO-01

*This harness only hooks up to the largest port from the factory wiring. I just taped off the other two connections. I haven't noticed any missing functionality yet. I left the amplifier in place, but had to turn down the head unit volume adjustment all the way to ensure I don't blow the factory speakers. You can turn up the potentiometer on the AXXESS box to lower the max volume, but that was causing alot of distortion above 1/4 turn from least resistance.

Install this Trim Kit:
Metra 99-8300 Double/Single DIN Installation Dash Kit for Select 2000- Scion/Subaru/Toyota Vehicles (Black)

I also added this dedicated USB/Aux Communication port where the cigarette lighter used to be:
BATIGE USB 3.0 & 3.5mm Car Mount Flush Cable 3.5mm + USB3.0 AUX Extension Dash Panel Waterproof Mount Cable for Car Boat and Motorcycle - 3ft

1 - 10 of 10 Posts