Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks - (Posted also in General Discussion, but guess that's not the right place. :)

First time as a user, but have 'perused' many threads before. I have a problem and can't get an answer, so am hoping the experts here can assist.

Have replaced the brakes all-around on the tundra, and was hooking up the last caliper on the passenger side. It has a slow leak from the caliper/line connection. I pulled the caliper (remanufacture as I couldn't afford the dealers $500 caliper ) and it was just the milled cone in the hole where the brake line threads. I could have sworn there were brass(?) compression rings in the driver's side, where there was no problem reconnecting, and also in the old calipers. Was I dreaming? Parts guys didn't have a clue and now I don't either.

If not, any thoughts on why I have the slow leak? Line? Everything looked fine and to confess I took the first caliper back and got another with no ring either.

Any help appreciated as I can't find any info anywhere on the line to caliper hookup!

Thanks and Best Regards!
- Mike S.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I also had to replace the passenger side caliper a couple weeks ago due to it starting to drag and in the box i got a couple crush washers however when i removed the brake line it was the same as your's, a flared fitting. The driver's side was fine so i don't know what kind of fitting came on that side, i'd assume them to be the same but you never know. Funny thing was the passenger side caliper was almost twice the cost as the passenger side. I have no idea why. The only reason for the leak would be a cracked line, damaged flare or seat, or not tightened enough. If you can't get it to seal you might want to think about replacing the steel line since i can't image it'd cost that much since it's a pretty short run.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts