Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
There should be a brass compression washer between the line flange and the caliper.
I've seen that on old Ford's, but doesn't the tundra line just screw in the caliper kinda like an NPT fitting? I just don't wanna give the OP the wrong info, however it sounds like the truck may already be apart anyways??

you can get the brake hoses at the dealer for really cheap, sounds like either the caliper threads are mucked up or the threads on the hose are bad and a seal isn't being made.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
it's a horrible pic, but it looks like there is something stuck in there. If the brake line looks good I'd say take back that caliper and make em give ya a new one, unless it just looks bad in the pic??? but it really looks like part of an old brake line is broken off in there or something.

The flared end of the brake line actually seals up against the flare inside of the caliper. if there is anything foreign in there the seal is mucked up!!

please post up what you come up with.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
All good:) but have u ever seen the inside of the caliper all mucked up like that? It looks like there is chunks missing or something stuck in there.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Going to pick it up in the morning. Will snap a pic then. I wonder if it is something the repoppers add? We will see what the morning brings. I just hope the line flare didn't get screwed up while tightening it onto that chunked out section. Going to stop by the dealer to see if they have one just in case.
my dealer can normally get lines in a day.

I've done the TSB on 1gen brakes and it was like 8 bux for a line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts