Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the battery in my Tundra after its been sitting for a bit. Now it will turn over and run but only the cab lights come on. No headlights, gauges, radio, and a/c. I have triple checked all fuses both eclectically and visually. I did notice the anti theft light doesn't blink when turned off, just stays solid. I am just stumped.

Any help or suggestions would be a big help.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I would look at the ignition switch and wiring next to the key. It could be providing power to the engine, but not the dash lights and such. When the you go from ‘On’ to ‘Start/Crank’ the ignition switch cuts power to the accessories and gauges. When the vehicle catches and runs, the key returns back to the ‘On’ position and power is applied to the accessories and dash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had a similar problem in my 2001 sequoia. I parked it and turned it off and the only thing that worked was the antitheft light even though the battery never dropped in voltage once in the two weeks it took to figure out. I just had to sand the battery post, battery terminal, and the leads in that attach to the back of the terminal (mine are held on by a wingnut a two eyes and i sanded the nut to). No problem now. Everything was super clean but had oxidized enough to start insulating current flow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts