Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an aftermarket keyless entry remote off Ebay. The instructions read the same as for programming a garage door opener. I cannot find the module to reset the security part so I can program the new remote. Can anyone give some advice. Or do I have to go to the dealer? I really like DIY projects but have to loacate the module first.

·
Premium Member
3,543 Posts
You area gonna have to hit the dealer. They need to hook into the Techstream program to program the remote.

Plan on dropping a hundred. Is it really worth it?

You may be able to do it yourself by getting your own Tech stream program and OBDII connector. Its been hit or miss if you can program the remote with the TS program.

I have my own, but was unable to program my own remote myself. Others have reported success. The 2002 versions may be easier to program.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have bought a few used remotes for my 02' years a go. They were factory. I went through some instructions and pressed a button on the box under the steering column panel. I never had to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i LOOKED UNDER THE STEERING COLUMN BUT DID NOT RECOGNIZE ANYTHING I THOUGHT WAS A CONTROL MODULE. WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the panel off under the steering column and didn't find anything I thought was the modules. Where exactly is it located?

·
Registered
421 Posts

Picture I found off the web. Not mine.

I had the panel off under the steering column and didn't find anything I thought was the modules. Where exactly is it located?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have bought a few used remotes for my 02' years a go. They were factory. I went through some instructions and pressed a button on the box under the steering column panel. I never had to go to the dealer.[/QUO

Is the box you refer to the one with a green button on the side.?I pressed it for at least 5 seconds and then the button on the remote. Nothing happened. I did it with the ignition switched on.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Is the box you refer to the one with a green button on the side.?I pressed it for at least 5 seconds and then the button on the remote. Nothing happened. I did it with the ignition switched on.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Did you follow this? 2002 Keyless Remote Programming - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

It has been a long time since I did this. I don't remember exactly what I did. I just found these on these instructions on the web.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have bought a few used remotes for my 02' years a go. They were factory. I went through some instructions and pressed a button on the box under the steering column panel. I never had to go to the dealer.[/QUOTE

I pressed the green button on the control module but nothing happened. The directions said the control module would "chirp". It did not accept the remote either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a new key fob off of Amazon for my ‘02 Tundra, the FCC# and everything check out (...022). I did everything and the fob/remote won’t connect. I’m not sure what’s wrong, I read something about a Status Monitor Light but I did not see anything turn on when I tried to get the tundra in programming mode. Maybe the fuses that connect to the ECU are blown but I don’t know. Any suggestions?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts