Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2002 Tundra SR5 V-8 Ext. Cab. I am looking to upgrade my stock headlights to a brighter/better system. I was wondering if anybody had any good ideas on brands or options. I dont know much about them but Ive been looking online and Ebay has thousands of upgrades for my 2002 Tundra but Im not sure what to get. I dont want something to cheap but I also dont want to spend hundreds of dollars so anybody have any ideas on what I should buy and maybe where I can get best price? I have noticed some LED and or Zenon type upgrade kits, but im not sure what I need? Are the high and low beams different bulbs or do they use the same bulb for high/low beam? Can I buy just the bulbs or do I need to buy a whole kit or something? Please give me any suggestions you might have, anything will be helpful at this point. I really do just want a brighter headlight system and I dont want the funny blue lights that some tuner cars have. I prefer the really bright white style lights that some luxury cars have. Thanks so much everyone:)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Go pick up a set of Sylvannia SilverStar Ultras from Wal-Mart, and you will like them. I was going to go with a 35w 6K HID kit, but the SilverStars are plenty bright.
I plan on throwing a set in my fog lights soon since I like them so much in my headlights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please help

Go pick up a set of Sylvannia SilverStar Ultras from Wal-Mart, and you will like them. I was going to go with a 35w 6K HID kit, but the SilverStars are plenty bright.
I plan on throwing a set in my fog lights soon since I like them so much in my headlights.
Any other brands you might recommend or anybody else have any ideas? Do those Sylvannia bulbs give off the same color as stock lights or they are more white. You really think its worth it and its much brighter? Is it both high and low beam bulb or are the high and low beams separate bulbs? Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody else try those Sylvannia SilverStar Ultra Bulbs? Im thinking of getting those bulbs bc somebody else reccomended them above? White or Blue or do they give off the regular stock color? Much brighter or just a little bit?:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts