Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up RMJ. I purchased the Toytec 3" front spacer. I was wondering how much $OTD you charge to install it on a 2001 Tundra 2wd? Everywhere I go they want like $300-400 for it. The cheapest I found was $200 w/alignment (granted you have the lift already). Also would you recommend attempting this myself? Or is it something I shouldn't even try to do?

·
Banned
6,236 Posts
Hey what's up RMJ. I purchased the Toytec 3" front spacer. I was wondering how much $OTD you charge to install it on a 2001 Tundra 2wd? Everywhere I go they want like $300-400 for it. The cheapest I found was $200 w/alignment (granted you have the lift already). Also would you recommend attempting this myself? Or is it something I shouldn't even try to do?
Bro, with no prior experience I installed a 3" body lift, a coil spacer lift, and a Fabtek level kit on my 2000 4wd Tundra. The hardest kit was the body lift. Took 8 hours.:eek: The easiest was the leveling kit, 1 hr 45 mins.:)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Sorry for the delay on the response, $200 dollars installed with alignment is actually a sweet deal, alignment alone is 70-75 at Toyota.

If you have the tools you can manage it yourself, not that tough. My price is $140 but no alignment.

Let me know

·
Banned
6,236 Posts
Sorry for the delay on the response, $200 dollars installed with alignment is actually a sweet deal, alignment alone is 70-75 at Toyota.

If you have the tools you can manage it yourself, not that tough. My price is $140 but no alignment.

Let me know
Ya know what brother, I have no problem doing an install like that myself but at the price you're offering bro I'de spare the hassle and dirty hands and bring it to you! That is a great price for sure! What are all you local's waiting for.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Thats just for the standard 2.25-3" leveling kit spacer install, anything more in depth would be more and again no Alignment, i dont have an alignment rack, but got one of my neighbors that has a kickass one.

but Dez, i aint got a lift to fit your monstor, lol

·
Banned
6,236 Posts
Thats just for the standard 2.25-3" leveling kit spacer install, anything more in depth would be more and again no Alignment, i dont have an alignment rack, but got one of my neighbors that has a kickass one.

but Dez, i aint got a lift to fit your monstor, lol
RMJ, I fully understood what your price included and as I've done most basic lifts on trucks including Tundras and I know the time and potential knuckle busting involved. That's a great price! People should also know that when a truck has a basic lift installed it can be driven to an alignment shop if needed without harming the front end in any way.;)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply RMJ. Yeah I will prop her up and read the instructions and try it out first just to get a feeler. I knew how much the alignment was just not sure on the labor for the install. I'll let you know if I have trouble. Thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts