Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy some headers for my tundra, I already have magnaflow system.......what would you guys recommend? And if you have headers, which ones and do you like them?

Thanks Kyle! :)

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Do you live where headers may cause problems passing smog checks?

If yes, look into JBA shorties. Spend the extra couple bucks on new OEM lock nuts, Percy's header flange gaskets, and Remflex collector gaskets.

If no, look for SS long tube headers. You may be able to source a set through Escondido.... Dirtydeeds.... Keith.

That said I have JBA's because I live in California. I love them, well built and install was problem free(for me).

Reactions: dirtydeeds

·
Registered
365 Posts
Drunk, do you think the JBA headers was money well spent. Would love long tube headers, but I gotta deal with smog. Totally stock exhaust right now on my 06 tundra dc with 95 thou.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
I've been happy with them. When I got them I already had an aftermarket muffler, K&N intake thing and 33" tires. They seemed to wake the truck up beyond 3500RPM, under that I don't think there is any difference. I know a few have complained about them recently but I haven't had anything to complain about with mine. When I got them they were about $300, I sprung a little extra for Percy's gaskets which were around $40.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a brand new JBA headers set with gasket for a 2001 tundra 4wd.
I never got to use them I bought them just before I traded the truck for a 2010. So, I never got them installed. I would sell them for $400.00 brand new, never installed, still in the box.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Those wont fit 05-06, those are for 04 and older only.

Reactions: dirtydeeds
1 - 14 of 14 Posts