Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

When I turn on the AC in my 2001 Tundra, the button light stays solid for a couple seconds, then flashes. I believe the problem may be electrical, and suspect that perhaps a wire needs to be reconnected- see pictures. Is the loose wire a ground wire?
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The AC hasn't worked since I bought the truck a few years ago- no idea why it stopped working.

Apparently the early year Tundras may have had problems with grenading compressors- very much hoping this isn't the case.

I've had other electrical connections in the engine compartment fail- wire strands gradually pulled apart over time. So its possible that this is what happened with this wire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My memory was jogged: the timing belt and water pump were replaced, and during that job, I'm pretty sure I remember the mechanic asking whether he could cut this wire, and that the AC wouldn't work. It already didn't work, so I gave him the ok and didn't put much thought to it.

Now though, I remember that before that, the AC button wouldn't flash, even though there was warm air. So this wire is most likely the problem with the flashing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts