Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here, having issues with my truck, was driving yesterday down the highway perfectly fine but as soon as i got off an stopped at a light my truck seemed to be in neutral an wouls not move, stopped it put it in park shut it off an restarted an was able to make it down the street a little ways, was able to make it home but the whole time it was like my truck would take forever to go into gear an excelerate, parked it over night and tried to move it into reverse and it just revved up an then slammed into gear, does the same thing going into drive but legs really hard, any one ever had this issue? It happend once before an my shop cousnt find any codes or issues, this is a few after it happend the first time

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
New guy here, having issues with my truck, was driving yesterday down the highway perfectly fine but as soon as i got off an stopped at a light my truck seemed to be in neutral an wouls not move, stopped it put it in park shut it off an restarted an was able to make it down the street a little ways, was able to make it home but the whole time it was like my truck would take forever to go into gear an excelerate, parked it over night and tried to move it into reverse and it just revved up an then slammed into gear, does the same thing going into drive but legs really hard, any one ever had this issue? It happend once before an my shop cousnt find any codes or issues, this is a few after it happend the first time
Your old 2000 Tundra is, once again, coming to a fork in the road. You may have to take the fork this time.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say your transmission's disease is no longer in remission. Your present shop may be cheap, but they aren't getting the job done, so find someone competent...and trustworthy. You could try a relatively cheap transmission fluid change first, and see if that helps

I feel your pain...welcome to TT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts