Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I'm looking to replace my stock radio in my 2000 Tundra 4x4 TRD Limited.

I'd like to get a radio and single CD player(doesn't have to be the 6CD one like came stock)something that could either use my phone for apps like Pandora and for Navigation via Google maps. I'd like nice quality sound. I still have the stock speakers that sound good...I'm not looking to rattle teeth or anything...I like my rock, but it doesn't have to be deafening...lol :headbanger:

NEW INFO EDIT: I think if can find a double din, that has the display and supports Android Auto where I can just use my phone for the navigation part and Pandora and have the controls on the touchscreen via Bluetooth or a wired USB connection, I can go with that and possibly stay within my budget of $200-300.

I welcome all recommendations for shops in Southern Indiana in the Evansville area that could do the installation...and do it well.

Thanks to all that may give me ideas! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, I'll check that one out in my interweb-travels to find the right radio! :cool::auto:

Did it need any special gear for installation, or did it fit in the existing mounting hardware?

EDIT: That looks like a great choice, but unfortunately its outside my price range. I know I am looking for a lot, and I may have to come to terms with paying more for exactly what I want...as this will probably be my go-to if I cannot find anything else within my price range.Thanks again for the great suggestion.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I only listen to AM talk radio when I drive, but I wanted Bluetooth phone capability, GPS, and backup camera. I didn't want to tear into the dashboard wiring, or run a camera wire into the cab so I bought a Garmin DriveLuxe 50 and matching wireless camera. I like the DriveLuxe over the other Drive models because it's magnetic mount is easier to disconnect and reconnect than unplugging and plugging in a power cord.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After checking these out and doing some additional research, I'd like to find a good quality device that supports android auto, as that seems to be the way to go to use the phone GPS via the deck, and not have to have GPS as part of the package. I am editing my original post to include that info.

·
Premium Member
10,631 Posts
After checking these out and doing some additional research, I'd like to find a good quality device that supports android auto, as that seems to be the way to go to use the phone GPS via the deck, and not have to have GPS as part of the package. I am editing my original post to include that info.
Joying seems to match everything you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.