Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, my 2000 Tundra is getting a little long in the tooth, 14 years & 170k miles and think it's time for some upgrades.

I have a 2" front leveling spacer but I'm wanting to make this machine more Moab capable. My bumpers are constantly hanging me up there and I need some lift.
I'm currently running 33" tires (have a little rubbing on the spindle but not a problem) and want to move to 37" tires. I'm ok with a combination suspension & body lift if that's the only way to get there.

Q. Is there a kit/combo that can get me to 37" tires?
Q. Would re-gearing be required?

I did a search but could not find a related thread for this year truck. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
i know RCD makes a 6" suspension kit for the 00-06 Tundras but I have heard that you CANNOT stack a 3" body lift with that kit due to something with the steering or steering extension. Not too sure and I may be wrong but I remember years ago there was some type of lawsuit where someone had stacked a bodylift with the 6" RCD and it caused major issues. I have done body lifts on almost every truck i have owned without any problems but you would need to read into it. Again, I am going off hearsay and i could be wrong but definitely research it first as safety is number 1. Good luck!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I had the RCD 6" on my 06 DC. I cleared 37/1250-17s. I rubbed on the pinch welds but hammered em back and then it only rubbed backing up on downhill turns haha. And it didnt really fit in the fender well very good. Also they were pretty bald tires. Not to sure new ones would be so good. But icon makes Coilovers for the 6" kit as well and it seemed to me that it would add an extra in and that could have been helpful

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Sean Romo
1 - 3 of 3 Posts