Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off this is my first post..
with that said i got 20% tint on my windshield and also had my front doors match the rears. looks great just cant see very well at night. would i be okay with just bulbs or do i really need hid's? any helpfull input would be great.

·
Registered
122 Posts
+1 what everybody else said but, you'll need a proper projector retrofit. with some very wide projectors and no higher kelvin HIDs than say 5,000k...you will also need very bright high beams, just regular plug and play HIDs will do for that. you will want a ballast and bulbs that warm up very quickly so no cheap stuff. BiXeon projectors wont hurt either, they can be wired into your stock high beams and it will act as tho you have 2 sets of high beams. thats basically my set up and im suggesting it because i think it is the brightest set up you can get without going quad projectors which is BIG bucks.

side note, just out of curiosity what are the tint laws in TN?

Reactions: Edgey17

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ok, now that you have been thoroughly flamed, to answer your question. The only headlights i can think would help, and only help a bit, would be some 55w HID in 4300-5000k. It will be quite a bit brighter than stock.

I think a better solution would be either a lighter tint on the windshield if you insist on keeping and dealing with tickets, or just removing it like the rest of us.

Reactions: Edgey17

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
+1 what everybody else said but, you'll need a proper projector retrofit. with some very wide projectors and no higher kelvin HIDs than say 5,000k...you will also need very bright high beams, just regular plug and play HIDs will do for that. you will want a ballast and bulbs that warm up very quickly so no cheap stuff. BiXeon projectors wont hurt either, they can be wired into your stock high beams and it will act as tho you have 2 sets of high beams. thats basically my set up and im suggesting it because i think it is the brightest set up you can get without going quad projectors which is BIG bucks.

side note, just out of curiosity what are the tint laws in TN?
thanks for the info. i will look into it. as far as tn law goes, you cant tint the windshield at all. cops around here could care less tho. atleast where i live

·
Registered
143 Posts
thanks for the info. i will look into it. as far as tn law goes, you cant tint the windshield at all. cops around here could care less tho. atleast where i live
Just because there's no one to hold you accountable by handing you a ticket doesn't necessarily mean it's OK. Common sense seems hard to find nowadays. God forbid nothing happens to you or anyone else over "it looks great."

Sent from my cm_tenderloin

·
Registered
146 Posts
20% is VERY dark for the windshield, the only lights that will help you will endanger everyone else driving around you. If you want to tint your windshield do 35-50%. If you have 5% all around it will still make it impossible for others to see in with out a light and protect your dash from UV rays.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yall are all acting like a bunch of women. its not that dark. i have factory tint everywhere else. it looks no diff then my last truck with 5% on all 4 windows and 35% on windshield. unless you have 20% on your windshield dont tell ME how dark it is...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
its not that dark.

unless you have 20% on your windshield dont tell ME how dark it is...

None of us do because we aren't dumbasses. You CAN'T SEE AT NIGHT.... you don't fix that with brighter headlights and blind oncoming drivers because YOU are the moron that tinted your windshield.. you lighten or completely remove the tint on your windshield.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
3 posts, say no more, these guys are only voicing their opinions based on your question brada. Go away if you can't hang with the boys

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Oh well then just get spotlights and tape them to your grill. Geeze dude, peel the tint off your freakin windshield. Blinding everyone else isn't the answer.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
yall are all acting like a bunch of women. its not that dark. i have factory tint everywhere else. it looks no diff then my last truck with 5% on all 4 windows and 35% on windshield. unless you have 20% on your windshield dont tell ME how dark it is...
If it wasn't that dark, you wouldn't be wining about how you need better headlights.

Not real "Bright", huh? LOL...headlight pun.

·
Registered
404 Posts
While it may not be illegal, its just plain stupid to run high beams all the time. So because you can't see....because you put 20% tint on your damn windshield, you are gonna blind everyone else and put them at risk? Yeah, that makes sense....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.