Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· "Missing a Few Liters"
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

Are there any HAMs or 2-Way Radio Users that own Tundra's / Tacoma's?

I am not affiliated with the company, but this looks like a great way to mount an antenna.

Web Page-->
REP Design LLC: ** Toyota Truck Mounts

Picture -->

· Premium Member
59 Posts
That type of mount would be OK for a stick antenna but for a screwdriver you are going to want something much stronger. I purchased a stake mount that goes inside the rectangular holes in the bed for my Little Tarheel II antenna. It is made from a company called geotool. They make mount specific to any model of truck bed and any type of antenna.

http://www.geotool.com/

The Minx K5AUX

Attachments

· Premium Member
59 Posts
That looks to be some high quality stuff. Antenna mounting is a somewhat controversial subject. Some of my ham buds just go ahead and start drilling holes all over their trucks like on the top of the cab and the sides of the bed. I refuse to drill holes because it opens up the paint and then you end up with water leaks and the beginning of rust especially if you live up in the north. There are many websites that sell mag mounts as well as hood mounts for different types antennas. You have to match the antenna wind load to the mount and remember your ground plane as well. Thanks for the info. I will check into those sites. I am always looking for more choices.

The Minx K5AUX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.