Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my leveling kit from Supreme Suspension and I will be installing it this weekend. Will I have to remove the skid plate to install the kit? Any words of wisdom. I have searched on here like crazy but haven't seen if I need to remove the skid plate or not... Thanks

Reactions: 2010

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not a deal breaker at all... Just curious of what I have ahead of me. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

What are these for?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
differential drop spacers. should have 2 long bolts with it.

FYI when yout put back the strut with spacer installed. you have to rotate the strut for it to line up when you hook up the LCA to the strut.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No long bolts with the kit... just the 8 bolts for the blocks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is difficult to tell from the pics what you have, but they are NOT diff drop spacers if it is anything like the kit I just got from them. I asked them the same question. They are some type of "Strut Mount Spacer" according to them and are only needed on select trucks/types of shocks. I wasn't too worried about it because my truck doesn't need them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it is just the 2.5" Front Leveling Kit and yes I am 4x4

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I guess I should have told you exactly what my truck is. 2010 DC 5.7 4x4 TRD. Just trying to make it sit level. I already have 275/70R18 Discoverer Cooper ST MAXX tires under it. Just getting a better look for it.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It is difficult to tell from the pics what you have, but they are NOT diff drop spacers if it is anything like the kit I just got from them. I asked them the same question. They are some type of "Strut Mount Spacer" according to them and are only needed on select trucks/types of shocks. I wasn't too worried about it because my truck doesn't need them.

I have had the kit before, and yes they are diff drop spacers for the front differentials. Differentials have 3 bolts 2 for the front and 1 for the back. those 2 are for the front bolts. im suprise the did not include that in there.

Strut spacers from supreme are black.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

This is everything that I got in the Kit.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
this was my 3/1 from supreme

2 black strut spacers w/ 8bolts
2 rear blocks
4 long ubolts
3 aluminum spacers for front differential drop kit (only 2 was used)
3 long bolts for the 3 aluminum spacers (only 2 was used)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting... No I didn't receive the long black bolts that you are talking about. only what is in the picture I posted.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those spacers that you have look way bigger than what I got in my kit.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It seems to me that you are correct and they do not need to be used?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So what am I doing wrong? Why wont this go back into place?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Looks like you need to either pry the strut up in there with a pry bar. Or get a spring compressor. I used the pry bar method. It's just that way cause you added the spacer. Nothing wrong, you just have to force it back in. It's this very reason that you are getting lift. Spring will constantly be under pressure forcing the suspension to lift your truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: 2010 and Molson
1 - 20 of 31 Posts