Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just picked up a super white 2015 Platinum CrewMax. Family outgrew the 2001 Tacoma Double Cab I've had since new. So after over 16 years and almost 250,000 miles, I sold it and bought the Tundra.

It has more mileage on it than I'd like, but is well setup. It needs some minor work and bugs sorted out, as most used trucks do, but so far I am very happy with having acquired it.

The previous owner dropped some coin into this thing: Expedition One bumpers front & rear, with Baja Designs lights and a Superwinch, AMP Research steps, Transfer Flow 46 gallon fuel tank, FOX 2.5 remote reservoir coilovers, Coachbuilder shackles, Bushwacker Extend-A-Fender flares, 35x12.5 Toyo Open Country R/T tires on 17" Method Standards, ESP lock box under the rear seat, custom exhaust, and last but not least a TRD supercharger.

It also has what appears to be a Total Chaos bypass shock hoop welded in up front, but is only running the 2.5 setup.

I need to sort out the lights in the bumpers, as well as the winch (missing the solenoid setup and controller), and it does not have skidplates. Haven't decided on whether I should pick up a TRD Pro skidplate, or make my own from 3/16" plate.

This truck came from the Arizona. If anyone knows the original owner of this truck, I'd love to talk to him about a few things he has done, or did not finish on this truck.

Thanks,
Dave

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also open to suggestions/recommendations on the best location to remote mount the winch solenoid?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since most threads are worthless without pics...

Attachments

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

It's a beast...first gear is worthless at full throttle, even on the 35's.

My tacoma had the TRD supercharger as well, but this is obviously a whole different animal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.