Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the form here and going to be a proud new owner of a 2016 Tundra double cab. The dealership didn't have many in stock and had to order me the color I wanted. I have a question for you guys, I got the cheapest tires and wheels on my new Tundra knowing I wanted to add custom wheels and more aggressive tires once I got it. What size tires should I go with? 18" or 20". I may lift it a tiny bit or only add a leveling kit. I don't want a really tall lifted truck, I just want basically stock with nice wheels and tires. Which will look and function better, the 18" or 20"? Also what concerns/thoughts should I be considering when making this decision? Thanks for any help or feedback. First time I will be buying new wheels for any vehicle I have ever had so a little green here. Also do you all have any pics to share or show me?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! I would say go with 20s. I think they look better. Size of tire after that will depend on lift. I belive you can pull of 35's with just a leveling kit, 33's with stock setup. You may have to trim just a lil bit or take off the mud flaps in front with either setup. I can't remember our factory offset, but it's something like +20 or so. So watch your offset on the new wheels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I was thinking of going with 20 just wanted some other opinions and thoughts. Like I said all new to me. Not Toyotas, just the Tundra and changing wheels. I still have a 97 Tacoma with 240k miles on it and I will never sell it. Love that truck. If this ones ends up being half the truck that one has been I will be happy which I am sure it will be.

·
Registered
454 Posts
rim size

lots of good info here. Take your time.
Is your rig was 4x4 or not? If you are doing serious off roading and frequently airing down that could be a factor.
If she's gonna be a mall queen that's a different story.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a 4x4. Don't really understand having a truck that's not 4x4. Not that I will be using the 4x4 all the time but when the time comes, and it will, it's nice to have. That's just my opinion of course. I won't be doing serious off-roading in this truck. I do hunt and fish and will at times be taking it off road. I just want to make sure I have the tools for the job when the time comes. Most of my traveling will not be off road though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts