Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I dipped all the chrome(bumpers, badges) on the exterior and the emblem on the sterring wheel, rims were done when i bought it. Turned out great but ended up rubbing my finger tips raw from not giving enough of a taped off area to start peeling from. I taped like an 1/8" off where prob should have been more like an 1" or 2", which would have gave plenty extra to pull. Also, i went too light with my coats, i was 4 coats on my bumpers and could easily see way too much chrome. Started adding it thicker and worked perfect. For my first time not too bad and end result is awesome and exactly what i wanted.

· Registered
8,147 Posts
I think there is something wrong with my computer. I don't seem to be able to see the pictures you posted. :D

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didnt take pics but I guess I should.

I just taped off the steering wheel and surounding area, put sheets over everything else(seat, dash, center console) and went at it like normal. Like everything probably easier to take it off but Im not that car smart so I did it the hard way.

· Registered
420 Posts
tried uploading pics but couldnt figure it out. I would like to put them up but says they are the wrong type? could email them if someone else wants to post them.
1.Make an account on photobucket.com (it's free)
2.Upload awesome pics
3.copy and paste code
Give it a try and if you're still having troubles pm me and I'll help you out.:beerchug:

· Registered
444 Posts
Looks good, man. Way to go. Did you get dizzy and feel like throwing up? jk You can't dip just once, it becomes an addiction! Now get out there and find some more stuff to dip and show us the pics!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.