Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to know what to order

Hi im going to order wheels and tires for my 07 DC when for when im on days off have a nice list of parts coming including a 3 inch levelling kit :cool: . And i want to run 35s i was thinking 35x12.5x17 and i want to run method race wheels double standards but the offest for them are 0mm and 4.75. i want the tires to stick out enough that it will need flares but i want to make sure i order the right sizes. i have my mind set on double standards and like the more rubber less rim thing but if i have to ill go up to 18 inch rims but then need to know what offset to get for the look i want. thank you for ur help

Travis

·
Registered
663 Posts
35s and 0 offset is going to need some trimming for sure.. might want to do some digging around because I know there are guys on here who have done it and documented what needs to be trimmed.

Offset is the same no matter if they are 17s, 18s, 20s, etc..

btw, I have +18 offset on my 33x12x20 tires and I need flares. So dont think that 0 offset is the only way to get that look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i dont mind cutting body mounts or anything really. and the only reason y i want the zero offset is because method racing site says the double standards in 17 inch only come in the zero offset and 4.75 back spacing and the rime is 17x 8.5. And how far would that combo stick out if there is anyone with pics to help it would be appreciate. i kind of have to order them this week to have them in time for my only days off. work work work haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ordering tires this week

Hi im going to order wheels and tires for my 07 DC when for when im on days off have a nice list of parts coming including a 3 inch levelling kit . And i want to run 35s i was thinking 35x12.5x17 and i want to run method race wheels double standards but the offest for them are 0mm and 4.75. i want the tires to stick out enough that it will need flares but i want to make sure i order the right sizes. i have my mind set on double standards and like the more rubber less rim thing but if i have to ill go up to 18 inch rims but then need to know what offset to get for the look i want. thank you for ur help

Travis

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
With that offset and 3/1, you will have to get smaller size tires unless you get a lot of joy cutting your body mount. The safe offset seems to be 30-35 mm offset.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Geting rims and tires this week. i have a dc with a 3 inch leaveling kit coming and i want 17 inch method racing double standards but i want to know if they will work on with 35x12.5 inch nitto trail grapplers. the problem is they only come in zero offset i can get the same thing in 18 with +18mm offset on 35s. i just like the look of 17s more haha im difficult i know. i was wondering if the half inch narrower 17 will help suck in the tire to help clear. i am willing to tim body mounts and stuff ( dont know how much i will have to be nice to see someones who has for somthing like this). And i am going to run bushwacker pockets and want to fill them up as much as i can to make the truck look mean. on the nitto site the 35 on 17 inch rim is alittle shorter and narrower ( both mounted on a 10 inch wide rim)

On the nitto site
18 inch rim the width is 13.39 and hight is 35.04
and the 17 is 13.19 wide and 34.84 tall.

the rims on the method site are
18x9 +18mm offset and 5.75 backspacing it looks like
17x8.5 with zero offset and 4.50 backspacing

sooo haha what will work for me it would be cool if i can get some help before friday thank you guy

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have the 17x8.5 method standards 0 offset. 33s rubbed the fog ligh plastics on the bumper and the mud flaps. I only have like a half in to the body mount so gunna be a lot of cutting there. My boss and a co worker tried to clear 35s one with a +1 offset on 20s and had many issues and co worker with 18s and I believe 18 offset and he hit the body mount. But if you aren't worried about cutting it then go for it ha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
17x8.5 standards 0 offset and 35x12.5 grabber red letters, you're gonna rub quite a bit on your body mount. I got 3.5" of lift out of coil overs and mine rub a lot, I plan on doing cst spindles to get another 3.5" of lift to help them not rub.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
By the way, you do not need to start three different threads about basically the same issue in about one day period:
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-wheels-tires/140818-need-know-what-order.html
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/will-fit/140826-ordering-tires-week.html
You have 4 post counts so that means you responded to your own 3 threads only once. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Are you hoping for someone to tell you that 35x12.5 tires on 0 offset wheel won't rub with 3 inch leveling kit? :dunno:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah man its definitely gonna rub with 0 offset. Even tho the 18" rim is a little wider, the higher offset will make it rub a little less. Why not look into a smaller tire size like a 295/70-18? They're nearly 35" tall and a little skinnier which should do the trick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts