Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have these rims on their truck in 18" ? I want to c what they would look like in 18". Also looking for reviews from anybody that is running 20" rims with a 33"-34" tire or closest to that size, I want to know how the ride feels & would u consider changing rim size? Thanx in advance!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I'm pretty sure 18" Rockstars only come in 0 offset for our trucks...just something to consider if that's a deal breaker for you.

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure 18" Rockstars only come in 0 offset for our trucks...just something to consider if that's a deal breaker for you.
Thanx for pointing that out, I'm running stock trd rims right now which I think has a +10 offset but correct me if I'm wrong. I only need a little more - offset to clear my tires. Also I'm really don't know much about offset so please correct me if I am wrong n bare with me if I'm stating things wrong

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
stock 18" trd wheels are +60. 0 is going to stick out way more.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
18" rockstars are 0 offset - the ride depends on how much tire you have, the type of tire and psi you run. So its hard to say.

Reactions: theoat

·
Read Only
0 Posts
25.4mm in an inch.... so going from +60 to 0 will be 2.36" further sticking out from stock.

Also I went from stock TRD 18's to 20" XD Hoss with a 33x12.5 (305/55/20) and a 30 offset (sticks out 1.25" more than stock). The ride quality is better, but I suspect it's due to the Nittos being better than the stock BFG's. It handles much better though in curves, and steering is much more responsive and feels more planted.. I'd do the 20's again if I had it to do over.

I hope I said all this correctly... I'm very tired this morning lol

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
One more to add to stroked's excellent post, the stock wheels are 8 inches wide whereas a typical after-market wheels are 9 inches in width. So you need to add 1/2 inches to the total amount that's pushed out.

Reactions: theoat

·
Read Only
0 Posts
One more to add to stroked's excellent post, the stock wheels are 8 inches wide whereas a typical after-market wheels are 9 inches in width. So you need to add 1/2 inches to the total amount that's pushed out.
Yes good point... and if you go 12.5 wide tires.....you'll add the width difference vs stock too

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I had 20's with 33" tires, won't do it again. My tires were E rated, and with that short of a sidewall, it was a bit stiff. 18's for me going forward. Plus, I got tired of the look of a 33" tire on a 20" wheel....in about 2 months :lol: Personal preference though. IMO, that setup was pushing my truck towards a street looking truck, instead of the badass look that I was going after. I ruined my truck when I went from 295/70/18 trail graps on 18" monsters to 305/55/20 wild peaks on 20" cranks. So I sold the package a couple months after I bought them, and "fixed" my truck by going with 18" cranks wrapped in 35" terra grapplers :woot:
At times I wish I'd done a 35... but then I see them with a level kit and they look overstuffed in the wheel wells to me. The Nittos have a little more aggressive sidewall than the Falkens. I like the way mine looks. Could do a 34" and have best height, but I think they're more narrow than my 33's.

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had 20's with 33" tires, won't do it again. My tires were E rated, and with that short of a sidewall, it was a bit stiff. 18's for me going forward. Plus, I got tired of the look of a 33" tire on a 20" wheel....in about 2 months :lol: Personal preference though. IMO, that setup was pushing my truck towards a street looking truck, instead of the badass look that I was going after. I ruined my truck when I went from 295/70/18 trail graps on 18" monsters to 305/55/20 wild peaks on 20" cranks. So I sold the package a couple months after I bought them, and "fixed" my truck by going with 18" cranks wrapped in 35" terra grapplers :woot:
Thanx bdt that's exactly what I want to here! Now I just need some pics of how those rock stars look in 18" cause I like how they look but I'm wondering if they look to small in 18"

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At times I wish I'd done a 35... but then I see them with a level kit and they look overstuffed in the wheel wells to me. The Nittos have a little more aggressive sidewall than the Falkens. I like the way mine looks. Could do a 34" and have best height, but I think they're more narrow than my 33's.
What size tire is a 34"

·
Read Only
0 Posts
There's a couple ways to get a 34". A 275/65/20 = 34.04" x 10.98" wide, and a 295/60/20 which is 34.45" x 12.36" wide. That would give more sidewall than my 33's. Really though I don't think the 33's ride bad at all?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
0 offset on the 18's just might require cutting the bodymounts a bit.
Every truck seems to fit different but I'm running +12 offset and 285-60-20 tires I've got 1/2" clearance on one side and 1" on the other.
Might be something to consider if you don't want to do any cutting.

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm running 325/60/18 on stock trd rims n I needed to cut the skid plate n they rub my sway bar a little, how much difference do u think it will b? Also I have kings 2.5 adjustable coilovers in front so I can make it higher if needed. On a 0 offset which way does it bring the rim from a stock trd rim?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts