Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still undecided about what I want to get so I'm looking for opinions, yes I said opinions so let me have it. Let me give u an idea of what I'm looking for, I don't go off-road much, I drive fast, the roads out here in Vegas are pretty messed up so I'm looking for a decent ride but I also want it to look good. I seen a dodge the other day n it had 305/55/22 on it so I'm looking for opinions from people that have had at least 2 of 3 wheel/tire sizes listed above, thanx in advance! !!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
263 Posts
I prefer more tire and less wheel so I would probably go with 18's. The tires and wheels are both cheaper. They're also likely to provide smoother ride quality because of the taller profile.

I'm running 20's because I had new 20in tires and didn't want to buy new tires when I upgraded the wheels. If you're running big enough tires you can still get a good bit of rubber showing with 20's.

Here's a recent pic of my truck with 275-65-20 (34in) tires on a 20x9 wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
First of all, this is a forum and not a text message. So, please spell out "you" and "and" and "your" rather than all of the shit you write. I guess it is just me, but the majority of your post are hard to read when I am sober, much less drunk.

I like 22's personally. However, I do not think that they are practical. 18's and 20's are pretty close in price. So, the next time around, I will probably go with 20's and 33's.

·
Registered
408 Posts
First of all, this is a forum and not a text message. So, please spell out "you" and "and" and "your" rather than all of the shit you write. I guess it is just me, but the majority of your post are hard to read when I am sober, much less drunk.

I like 22's personally. However, I do not think that they are practical. 18's and 20's are pretty close in price. So, the next time around, I will probably go with 20's and 33's.
Yes mother......

·
Registered
36 Posts
go 22's. go big or go home, bro! its not like your doing any rock climbing, hah

·
Registered
137 Posts
i have twenties and i love them still smooth even threw the rough roads with good amount of tire still attached

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Personally I prefer the look of 18's over that of larger wheels. Larger wheels with thin profile tires always reminds of bicycle wheels. I like whole lot of rubber.

Moreover, around where I live, larger wheels are much more likely to be damaged. We have pot holes galore. We even have brick roads. This was one main reason why I didn't get a limited/platinum.

But if the roads are nice around where you live, you don't go off road, and you really dig the look of larger wheels, go for it.

Reactions: LiquidMetal

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
OIC. 22'S R2 LRG. 20's W/35's RGR8. 10Q4UR? :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts