Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys finally got around to the make over of my 1794. Start with has 3/2 Ready lift , 20x9 Mayhem chrome riots with +18mm offset,Toyo open country 33's, TRD sway bar, Magnaflow performance dual exhaust, Hunter bull bar, KC 130w hi-light day-lighters, bed locker electric bed cover.
Very little trimming on inner fenders, sounds good when gas on it and slight hum on highway. More torque fills like. Gas mileage did drop from average of 2 miles, not to bad.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
More torque fills like.
what does this mean?

if you like chrome, I can see why you would like it. Not my cup of tea, but congrats on the new rig and all that matters is if you like it. The wheels are way better than the autozone hub caps that were on there before, so that's a nice improvement.

For me, that's way too much bling :eek:

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Looks great. I rarely see those hunter bars in chrome. Looks pretty sweet. I am glad that you did not try to dechrome your 1794. That would not have made any sense at all.

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
I am glad that you did not try to dechrome your 1794. That would not have made any sense at all.
I think a full color match in that truck would look way better, LOL :D

just shows you how different people have different tastes

I still haven't figured out why toyota color matches the rear bumper but not the front, that seems and looks odd to me

·
Registered
326 Posts
my dealership after seeing my color matched platinum did up a bronze 1794 with all black and bronze paint, black wheels, black steps, etc- it was super super sexy looking. I took some photos and then proceeded to drop my phone into a tub of beer.....

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
More torque? Meaning more performance on gas.chrome is each personal likes. Kinda like coke and pepsi.
what did you do to give it more torque? all I see if appearance stuff?

if anything it will be slower due to the lift, WAY heavier tires, etc...

anyway, glad your happy with it, it does look better than before for sure, love the Toyos, they look tuff

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Looks good, OP!

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts

take this pic with the sun hitting it and put on color match handles, mirrors, grill surround, front bumper,

with black bull bar, black grill insert, black wheels, take off the side steps, BHLM

That would be more my style>:D

but, nice improvement OP !!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I disagree. I think your truck looks great with all the chrome. Without it, you'd have a regular brown truck lol. It all depends on the color. I think the chrome really pops on the blue and bronze. I don't care for the chrome on black, red, white, etc.

In fact, I'd add some chrome to the back to balance it out. I went a similar route with mine, but I have blue. I added the chrome tailgate handle cover and am waiting for someone to make chrome trim for the tailights. Can't find any for the new body style yet. It bothered me to have so much chrome everywhere else, but so plain from the back.

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
you chrome boys are something else.

and I see the chrome master has arrived, how surprising >:D

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
Don't listen to Breathing Borla, he drives a fukin Ram, how smart can he be? Looks nice, I really like the wheels.
very smart, but you know that. :x:x:x

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
I like it.. The chrome is not over powering.. Only problem I see is the KC lights..They will probably start rusting within 6~12 months..

Nice job..

·
Premium Member
4,605 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts