Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I recently just picked up a 2014 Tundra and I absolutely love it for the most part. I decided to go with the double cab TRD. I'd like to Run a Duratrac 275/65R20 Tire which is 34.1x10.8R20. Would that fit with the Bilstein 5100's (2.5 inch level)????? I don't mind trimming the mud flaps or taking them off but I don't want to cut any metal! I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge on whether that would fit/rub and what offset I might need for rims to make it all work. Please help if you can!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I recently just picked up a 2014 Tundra and I absolutely love it for the most part. I decided to go with the double cab TRD. I'd like to Run a Duratrac 275/65R20 Tire which is 34.1x10.8R20. Would that fit with the Bilstein 5100's (2.5 inch level)????? I don't mind trimming the mud flaps or taking them off but I don't want to cut any metal! I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge on whether that would fit/rub and what offset I might need for rims to make it all work. Please help if you can!!

Thanks!
You won't have any issues. I'm running 285/55 20s BFGs on stock. Might want to check someones offset. I have no idea what mine is... :)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
285/55/20 is only a 32.3" ish tire and he is looking to put on 275/65/20 a 34.1" tire. you might need to mod the front fender liner that protects the fog light and remove the mud flaps, but no metal cutting should be required. my 295/60/20 only rubbed on that fender liner. took a heat gun to it to push it forward 1/2" and no more rub anywhere with mud flaps removed.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
285/55/20 is only a 32.3" ish tire and he is looking to put on 275/65/20 a 34.1" tire. you might need to mod the front fender liner that protects the fog light and remove the mud flaps, but no metal cutting should be required. my 295/60/20 only rubbed on that fender liner. took a heat gun to it to push it forward 1/2" and no more rub anywhere with mud flaps removed.
Its about 1/2 to 3/4 difference in circumference but 285 is a little wider. In the grand scheme of things... its probably around 1/4 to 1/2 inch difference total. It might make a slight difference...

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you're running stock wheels, you won't have any trouble other needing to trim a little bit of the skid plate and remove the front small mud flaps. Other than that, you'll be good to go. I have that size tire on stock TSS wheels which are +60 offset.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I'm running +60 on my factory 20" Limited wheels. I would think anything in the +20 and up range would be fine.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Usually people with +18 to +30 have to do very minor trimming.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I bent my skid plate corners up 90 degrees with a crescent wrench just to add a touch more clearance. Probably didn't need to - but it made me feel better. Otherwise with +60 offset they fit like the truck was made for them!

·
Banned
40 Posts
I'm running the same tire with on stock rims with a 3" kit. I also bent the skid plate up a bit because it was rubbing pretty good without modification.

-Rock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts