Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my windshield cowl is almost as grey as my hair.... :)

Do you think it is old trim treatment? Any recommendations to treat? I've read to use a wax remove and retreat......

Also, I noticed my head lights are getting dull on the top side. Front facing fine just some discoloration on the top. Any advice on how to best prevent it from getting worse?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
The cowling on my 2015 looked similar. I removed it and went over it lightly with a heat gun to remove the oxidation. It came out like new, but began turning color again after about a year in the Florida sun. My mirrors and bed caps still look good though. i just ordered a bottle of gTechniq Trim Coating. I'll report back with a few pics once I give it a test.

Headlight restoration is very easy. Take a light polish to it with a DA polisher. They will come out like brand new, especially if its only the top area needing attention.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I concur on headlights. I had a 2008 Limited with nasty hazy headlights. I picked up one of those $27 kits you use with your drill. Cleaned them up like new

Before:

After:

Reactions: sundance

·
Registered
55 Posts
I concur on headlights. I had a 2008 Limited with nasty hazy headlights. I picked up one of those $27 kits you use with your drill. Cleaned them up like new!

Attachments

Reactions: sundance

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mothers Back to Black. Will male and keep all the black/grey trim like new.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I concur on headlights. I had a 2008 Limited with nasty hazy headlights. I picked up one of those $27 kits you use with your drill. Cleaned them up like new!
I used them before with success but the results don't seem to last very long. Haven't tried it on a Tundra. My 07 didn't have a spot after 7 years. My 14 seems to be getting them along the top. I thought they had worked to make them better. Don't get me wrong. Its not bad at all. I can just see it starting a little.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haven't use the Mothers Back to Back on this area, but that is also what I was going to recommend.

As for headlights, I've had the same thing. I used one of those kits (either Mother's or Meguiars) and it worked great, but the condition returned after several months. The problem with my headlights is in addition to getting cloudy, they have also been turning yellow.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did the Mother's spray and it stayed in place after the big rain we just had. That spray is thick and acts like paint. Time will tell how it lasts but it looks good now. :)

Thanks everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts