Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Toyota Tundra Limited TRD, 4x4 with the stock TRD wheels (do not know the offset) and 275/65 R18 tires, with a 3" OME lift. 4 wheel parts is telling me that the biggest I can go is 285/65 18 and that it might require spacers to do this with my stock rims. Toyota dealer is also saying these are the largest tires I can run. I would really love to get into the 34" range. I have read a lot on the mods people are doing to make this happen, but local shops seem to be telling me that it is basically impossible, without cutting the fender to hell. The biggest issue I see, in that most people say trimming the skid plate is required, is that the control arm, seems to extend about the same as the skid plate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Pictures below.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
You should be fine running 295/70/18 with minor trimming. You can do the fender liner mod to fix that rubbing without doing a lot of cutting.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved

Finally got the lift and new tires, based on info from this thread and others. 2014 Toyota Tundra, TRD with a 3" OME lift. Toyo 295/70R18, Open Country A/T II tires for my stock TRD rims, ended up with 34.3" tires. Took about 30 minutes to trim the skid plate a little and remove the front mud flaps.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally got the lift and new tires, based on info from this thread and others. 2014 Toyota Tundra, TRD with a 3" OME lift. Toyo 295/70R18, Open Country A/T II tires for my stock TRD rims, ended up with 34.3" tires. Took about 30 minutes to trim the skid plate a little and remove the front mud flaps.
Hey CO Tundra -

Thanks for your posts on this. I'm in nearly the exact same situation.
2015 CM TRD. I put the OME 612 kit with +3 CB shackles on it last week. I was looking to go 295/70/18 on after-market wheels, but am now contemplating keeping the stock wheels (same as yours). And I've definitely been getting mixed answers about whether I can do that size with the stock wheels.

Which OME kit did you do?
Sounds like the mods to get rid of any rubbing was minor? Only removed the front mud flaps and trimmed the skid plate back? (did you cut it or bend it? just curious). Did you even have do the mod of moving the front fender liner forward a bit?

Any chance you can send along a pic from the side?

Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts