Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Congrats. Interior is nice. I think once 14's begin to get modded, more people will begin to really dig the new Tundra.

·
Registered
471 Posts
that interior looks good! how do the seat materials feel? similar to a king ranch f150?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does yours have the clear 3m tape on the front of the bed at the bottom and the textured rock guard paint on the bottom of the doors? I have saw only one 1794 and it didnt have any of this on it but the TRD did.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I will look tonight. I think it has the gravel guard but not sure about the 3M tape.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The seats are very nice! Not sure about the finish compared to the ford or dodge ranch trucks. It looks like good quality however.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes, I can confirm these are 20" hubcaps. I specifically asked for $800 from the dealer when I negotiated my deal. I told them how terrible the wheels were and they gave me $800 more off of the sticker LOL. Sad part is when I ask for it it seemed like no big deal. I wish I had asked for 1500 now!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sweet ride! I just bought a 2013 CC SR5/TSS Edition and love it! I needed a new truck being in the field all the time and my wife's old 2005 Nissan Altima just wasn't cutting it anymore. I wish I could have waited another year (when the prices are best right before new model year comes out) but I couldn't. I have just over 2,000 miles now and absolutely love it. I do like that new interior though. Post some pics of the gauges with the truck on and off when you can. Congrats!:beerchug:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes, the truck has gravel guard (the spray on sh1t on the rockers). I do not see any 3M coating anywhere, at least not yet. I looked it over pretty good.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You did it! First '14 I know of so far. Man, you've been through some Tundras!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ok now I remember the 3M tape. No don't see it on this truck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats on the NEW truck bro!! nice color combo...love the redrock!!
im very tempted, but dont know how to convince the misses that my 12 needs trading..lol.:D

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hmmm. Hadn't really looked that close at it. It does look pretty level I suppose. The hood is shorter in height, so I think it's bit deceptive. I've been looking at rims and still haven't found anything that wow's me. I guess I'll just get some plain old black 20's. I pretty much despise chrome wheels anyway.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Got my driver / passenger windows tinted and remote start installed Sunday. Really liking this truck. It's been HOT here... like 100' and the AC seems better than the last truck. I know there were complaints about the AC not being that great on the 7-13 model. ALl of mine were ok at best. The heat was always slow to get up to temp as well. Soon enough I'll be testing the heat, cause winter is coming.

I do not see any big improvement in "bed bounce". I was really hoping Toyota would address this issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got my driver / passenger windows tinted and remote start installed Sunday. Really liking this truck. It's been HOT here... like 100' and the AC seems better than the last truck. I know there were complaints about the AC not being that great on the 7-13 model. ALl of mine were ok at best. The heat was always slow to get up to temp as well. Soon enough I'll be testing the heat, cause winter is coming.

I do not see any big improvement in "bed bounce". I was really hoping Toyota would address this issue.
What tint did you get? Does the hue match the rear factory tint?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I cannot say for certain, but the hue is close. My buddy is a pro installer of alarms/ tint/ remote start/ audio stuff. I can ask him what brand it is, but I know he uses one of the big commercial names.

He's tinted all of my vehicles for over 10 years. Anybody in KC that needs tint or remote start let me know. This guy is awesome and does incredible work.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts