Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a 14' 1794 edition. I have to say the truck drives better than my 11'. I got a great deal believe it or not! Traded my 11' this morning. I had a ton of equity in the truck and I was given a VERY nice amount for trade! The 1794 sold me once I got inside and drove it. Yes, the exterior is kind of meh... but inside is what I look at. The 1794 looks so nice inside. The JBL system and LCD are nice! Very responsive and quick flipping between apps/ navi and inputs. Toyota definitely worked out the throttle on the 14'. It's smooth and predictable now. I hated the throttle on the 11'. It was either on or off. No smooth easing away from the light without thinking about it.

The gauges are GREAT! I love the display, the features, the views and most of all the layout. It looks normal now lol. No more portholes.

I'm curious when the fuel light comes on. Previous CM's were between 5.5 and 2.5 gals remaining. My 08' could drive on "0" miles remaining for like ~60 miles.

It's still a Tundra and drives/ rides very similar to my 11'. I think the suspension is a bit stiffer but dampens better. I have less bounce than all my previous CM's. The hood is lower providing a better field of view.

I'll pop back in and update after a week or so and write some updates.

**Pics added for proof! lol**

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Damn, I knew somebody was going to do it. I love that interior. Nice purchase!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just picked up a 14' 1794 edition. I have to say the truck drives better than my 11'. I got a great deal believe it or not! Traded my 11' this morning. I had a ton of equity in the truck and I was given a VERY nice amount for trade! The 1794 sold me once I got inside and drove it. Yes, the exterior is kind of meh... but inside is what I look at. The 1794 looks so nice inside. The JBL system and LCD are nice! Very responsive and quick flipping between apps/ navi and inputs. Toyota definitely worked out the throttle on the 14'. It's smooth and predictable now. I hated the throttle on the 11'. It was either on or off. No smooth easing away from the light without thinking about it.

The gauges are GREAT! I love the display, the features, the views and most of all the layout. It looks normal now lol. No more portholes.

I'm curious when the fuel light comes on. Previous CM's were between 5.5 and 2.5 gals remaining. My 08' could drive on "0" miles remaining for like ~60 miles.

It's still a Tundra and drives/ rides very similar to my 11'. I think the suspension is a bit stiffer but dampens better. I have less bounce than all my previous CM's. The hood is lower providing a better field of view.

I'll pop back in and update after a week or so and write some updates.

**Pics added for proof! lol**
What was your out the door price less tax?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They moved the rear glass button to the left. I initially thought they 86'd the power back window as well. I was pissed for about 5 seconds lol. Then I saw the button.

Price paid - 46,900
Sticker - 49,370

Yes, I've owned 5. An 08' that I sold outright after 2 years. A 10' that lasted 3 months and Toyota bought it back. An 07' I kept 1.5 years. An 11' that I kept 2.5 years and now the 14'.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Congrats on the new truck and I saw a Grey 14 TRD off road Double Cab at the dealer near me while I was getting an oil change. The pictures do not do it justice I actually liked the looks of that one and the wheels were different then the ones I hated in the pictures I have seen.

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
I didn't realize u could get the 1794 in another color besides the diarrhea rust color...looks good bro

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
^^hahaha

1 - 20 of 64 Posts