Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody on here installed a 1320 Performance Tundra Dual Exhaust Kit 2x Muffler bolt on system TRD style V2?
Is it like the TRD pro exhaust?

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Pretty much looks like they copied the TRD dual system. If I didn't have the TRD dual system on my truck I would probably consider that.

First I have seen of it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty much looks like they copied the TRD dual system. If I didn't have the TRD dual system on my truck I would probably consider that.

First I have seen of it.
Yeah I came across it today in a search and the price isn’t bad but I didn’t want to make a mistake buying a cheap TRD Pro exhaust knock off. It does look identical though. Comes with gaskets, hangers and even the extra heat shield. Only thing I see is the tips don’t sayTRD on them.
Hoping someone has purchased it and can chime in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah I came across it today in a search and the price isn’t bad but I didn’t want to make a mistake buying a cheap TRD Pro exhaust knock off. It does look identical though. Comes with gaskets, hangers and even the extra heat shield. Only thing I see is the tips don’t sayTRD on them.
Hoping someone has purchased it and can chime in.
Always buy original, if you have the money.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I did have the money, I am replacing a non SS knock off flowmaster system that the previous owner put on that is breaking at the welds. I have already had a shot patch it once to get me by but its time to switch to a full SS system. I like that the 1320 is 304 SS and looks better than some of the other bolt on exhaust out there.

I am hoping someone has had some experience with this system.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
The funny thing about the TRD dual system, is it is not all 304 ss. The tips are 304, the pipe is 409, and will develop surface rust. They may have changed it, however my 17 had started to develop the same surface rust that others had complained about on the pipes. I cleaned, and hit it with some paint. It has held up pretty good so far.

I do question if 1320 used full 304, or a mix. I ordered an AFE system that was supposed to be all 304, turned out the tip was 304, the clamps were 304, the tubing I never determined what it was... The tubing rusted up horribly within 1-2 months in Michigan salty winter. I had a pissing match with the company, which included them having some internal issues. I was specifically told by one rep that something was wrong and it was all 304, and warranty, then later it was a denied claim, and they stated that person was entirely wrong, and to pretty much go pound sand. I have and will never purchase another AFE anything after their false claims, and warranty, and internal issues.

With all that said, if your system is shot, and you are on a budget, but still want a nice looking system from the rear, I would probably try it out. I believe I read that they have a 1 year warranty. Maybe contact them, ask some questions. If you are in a salty area, it should rust up before March if it isn't stainless, so you should know within their year period.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The funny thing about the TRD dual system, is it is not all 304 ss. The tips are 304, the pipe is 409, and will develop surface rust. They may have changed it, however my 17 had started to develop the same surface rust that others had complained about on the pipes. I cleaned, and hit it with some paint. It has held up pretty good so far.

I do question if 1320 used full 304, or a mix. I ordered an AFE system that was supposed to be all 304, turned out the tip was 304, the clamps were 304, the tubing I never determined what it was... The tubing rusted up horribly within 1-2 months in Michigan salty winter. I had a pissing match with the company, which included them having some internal issues. I was specifically told by one rep that something was wrong and it was all 304, and warranty, then later it was a denied claim, and they stated that person was entirely wrong, and to pretty much go pound sand. I have and will never purchase another AFE anything after their false claims, and warranty, and internal issues.

With all that said, if your system is shot, and you are on a budget, but still want a nice looking system from the rear, I would probably try it out. I believe I read that they have a 1 year warranty. Maybe contact them, ask some questions. If you are in a salty area, it should rust up before March if it isn't stainless, so you should know within their year period.
Thanks for the info I didnt know that the TRD dual was 409. I did send 1320 an email but haven't heard back. I think I might just call them and see if the whole exhaust is 304 ss. Thats a shame with AFE, its actual what im trying to avoid. living here in Mass, the amount of salt on the roads even with frequent washing just rust everything and im sick of dealing with exhaust issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts