Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into a '13 Short bed Reg cab Tundra 5.7

This would be for pushing snow for my small business , Not Commercial use.

After looking at plow site I seen there is a nice level kit that uses 5100 Bilstien shock that raise the front 2.5" . This should work out fine with a Boss straight plow.

My question to you guys are the 4 way seats on the Reg Cab. I really like the feel of the thigh support on the 6 way seats. Is there anyway these seats can be swiped into the reg cab? Do you know if they will bolt right up and fit? This is kinda the only set back Im having with this truck.

Also the '13 is at $35k. What is a good price to start negotiations?

I have looked at all the models. I have always liked the Tundras!

The Ram 1500 , and F150 don't accept plows. Ford has Electric PS. The Ram has a radiator issue. Havnt really looked into the Chevy/GMC SBRC's yet. But they are the only other NEW 1/2 tons that have plows still being made.

So other than that, These regular cabs kinda stick around for a while, and '14's are coming soon. I really like the lines of the '13, not so much the '14. They are too squared off, like the Chevy's.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Not sure about the seats, but I'd use OME 614's and shocks up front instead of Bilsteins (which are probably the 5100's you are referring to).

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
172 Posts
Also the '13 is at $35k. What is a good price to start negotiations?
Mine was also right at $35k on the window sheet, but an hour's worth haggling got it down to a little under $32k, no money down and 1.9% APR for 72 months. 2013 Regular cab, 5.7L 4x4 TRD package.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

Got one dealer to do $5k off and a very strong bid on my '12 wrangler!
I think I can get at least another Grand or two taken off.

You mpg is pretty sweet Ghetto,,, about a gallon off my JK Jeep.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
The seats are basically the same. The optional seats are powered. The single cab pass seat back is different from what I've seen. But all you care about is the driver seat.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So is $1000 under invoice a good deal on a 2013?

Or should I wait till the 2014's get here? Then deal more.

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there a place here to see good pics of others that have reg cab short bed trd's?

Cool truck S charged !

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I Think I will wait and see the '14. They might have better seats in them?

The '13 seat is kinda short on thigh support, no 6 way seat adjustment.
This does kinda bother me. Maybe the Level kit will help some.

It does feel like your tilted forward while sitting.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I Think I will wait and see the '14. They might have better seats in them?

The '13 seat is kinda short on thigh support, no 6 way seat adjustment.
This does kinda bother me. Maybe the Level kit will help some.

It does feel like your tilted forward while sitting.
Just be aware that it looks like the 5.7L will only be offered in long bed models in 2014. I can not confirm for sure, but it looks like that according to my source.

So if you are looking for reg cab, standard bed with the 5.7, it most likely will not be offered in 4X2 or even 4X4 form in 2014.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
Just be aware that it looks like the 5.7L will only be offered in long bed models in 2014. I can not confirm for sure, but it looks like that according to my source.

So if you are looking for reg cab, standard bed with the 5.7, it most likely will not be offered in 4X2 or even 4X4 form in 2014.
You must be a young guy. Back in the day a "standard bed" was 8'

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Actually back in the day the 6' bed was standard and the 8' was a long bed option sometimes only available on the 3/4 or 1 ton PU.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Actually back in the day the 6' bed was standard and the 8' was a long bed option sometimes only available on the 3/4 or 1 ton PU.

It is still listed that way on the Toyota website as well. Officially, standard pretty much means 6' and long means 8' but most people knew that already.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks a lot SATX! That's good info.

And isn't the bed 6.5' ?

I do want to see the '14's but not in anything but RCSB 4x4.

The Long bed , I would rather snag a X cab. And that's just too long of a truck for me.

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks a lot SATX! That's good info.

And isn't the bed 6.5' ?

I do want to see the '14's but not in anything but RCSB 4x4.

The Long bed , I would rather snag a X cab. And that's just too long of a truck for me.

Thanks again guys
You are right. It is "6.5".

Anyways, I asked again and was told that 5.7 will only come in long bed when combined with regular cab for 2014.

However they will offer the RCSB, just not with the 5.7, not even as 4x4.

Reactions: StRanger

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks SATX
Who are you talking with?

This might make my shopping choice easier!
I know it's only a month out.

I really do just want a rcsb, the ext cab is too long for my garage.

I'm going to want big discounts on a 2013 thou and 0%, if I'm buying a year old model that has already took a rep depreciation hit before it left the lot!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks SATX
Who are you talking with?

This might make my shopping choice easier!
I know it's only a month out.

I really do just want a rcsb, the ext cab is too long for my garage.

I'm going to want big discounts on a 2013 thou and 0%, if I'm buying a year old model that has already took a rep depreciation hit before it left the lot!
You can PM if you have more questions but I can tell you this isn't "I heard it on the Internet" information. In a month or so, you will find out anyways.

If you are planning to get the TRD supercharger, finding a RCSB non flex fuel 4X4 is going to be really tough so I would suggest looking now.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You can PM if you have more questions but I can tell you this isn't "I heard it on the Internet" information. In a month or so, you will find out anyways.

If you are planning to get the TRD supercharger, finding a RCSB non flex fuel 4X4 is going to be really tough so I would suggest looking now.
N non flex isn't too hard to find but your right they are going to get harder to find. There are still a handful of stays that do not allow the sake of flex fuel vehicles so if non flex is a concern look in those states. I know Washington and I think Oregon and California im not sure if the other states.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 68 Posts